HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Just bought 58VT25, should i keep or rturn? UR THGHTS???

by vishal_v123 / April 5, 2012 8:32 PM PDT

Hey everyone on CNET forums and David!

Just bought the 58VT25 and ive followed Davids excellent follow ups on the black level rises and fluc brightness but he does not have details for my model in particular. Ive read somewhere that this problem isnt as severe on the larger sets, specifically the 58 inch and 65 inch VT series.

Does ANYONE know if this is true? Should i keep this set or return it? I bought it for $2100 canadian. Its great right now, but im a perfectionist, i want my tv to be perfect and i need to know if this problem will really get worse because ill return as soon as possible and get the 50/55ST50 series. Supposedly better blacks, 1080/24p, pro black filter same as GT50 series, but it cost more but i want a long lasting tv like the kuros. Man, id do anything to have pioneer make those again.

So some help would be great, ive actually lost sleep over this because im such a compulsive thinker about my electronics. Help guys, help me!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Just bought 58VT25, should i keep or rturn? UR THGHTS???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Just bought 58VT25, should i keep or rturn? UR THGHTS???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Only to let you know..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 5, 2012 10:13 PM PDT

Hi vishal_v123..

I realize you're new to the forum. Welcome! Only to let you know, creating similar posts throughout the forums, tends to lead to confusion and extra work for those who wish to help. It's why I'm going to remove the 3 other posts you created. .

Thanks for your understanding and co-operation.

Just so everyone knows, the thread where "David" is referenced can be found here:
http://forums.cnet.com/7723-19410_102-398023/panasonic-tc-p50vt25-picture-settings/

Best of luck with your problem.
Carol

Collapse -
Thanks for the reply
by vishal_v123 / April 6, 2012 8:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Only to let you know..

Hi Carol

Thank you for replying. I know i posted in many places only because i wanted to get as many replies as possible because it seems the main thread david started in 2010 does not get an views or replies! So i guess my question about the future of my 58vt25 is still unanswered. Anyone 58VT25 owners out there experience any problems with the black levels?

Collapse -
You should get the help you need here..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 6, 2012 10:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Thanks for the reply

Vishal..

It's in your best interest to start a thread of your own, as you discovered after having read David's thread. Posting in a 2 year old thread, where other's have posted, only limits your chances of getting help.

I can understand where you might think posting in as many places as possible might allow you more "coverage", thus increasing your chances of getting help. It's not so. And imagine if everyone did the same. Shocked The forums would be covered with duplicate (and triplicate,etc) postings. Not to mention the confusion it would create. I can assure you, it would work against you.

Have patience. Eventually, you will get the help you need. This being a holiday weekend, there may be fewer members and moderators around to offer assistance. I know little about electronics, otherwise I'd be more than happy to help.

Have a great weekend..
Carol

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.