I don't quite follow what the problem is, so if you could answer the following it would speed an appropriate response:
* What operating system do you have?
* I assume you're referring to an internet browser, but which one? (Internet Explorer 6, Internet Explorer 7, Firefox, etc.)
* What 'other program' does it jump to?
* Which search website are you using?
* What ActiveX Control did you attempt to download and from where?
* Have you scanned your computer for viruses and adware/spyware?
Let us know.
Why does my seach page jump to another program? i.e. type in C-net and I get something like "FindStuff""Dealtime" etc. Must me a way to correct this problem. It all started when I tried to download Active X Control. Deleted it but, didn't correct the jump problem. Any help would be appreicated.