General discussion

Judder when Auto Motion Plus enabled LN55C650

Hi, I've seen a lot of people post regarding the Auto Motion Plus feature causing judder and/or skipped frames on many Samsung models. This is very evident in my unit. It occurs on many digital channels. As soon as I deactivate AMP the picture is smooth. Is there some sort of fix, other than turning the feature off? I am a loyal samsung customer, also owning a ln52a650, which is not plagued by this issue. Is samsung going to address this problem?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Judder when Auto Motion Plus enabled LN55C650
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Judder when Auto Motion Plus enabled LN55C650
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Judder when Auto Motion Plus enabled LN55C650 -

s_hatley,

The AutoMotion Plus feature is additional processing. So if it looks best in the OFF position, that's "addressing the problem", of sorts.

The panel will still be showing a 120Hz picture, since there's no setting to turn that off - any incoming signal will be upconverted to 120Hz and shown at 120hz. The AutoMotion Plus feature just adds additional processing. It may not look good with HD broadcasts, but may vary with Blu-Ray, Game consoles or other inputs, which is why the ability to defeat it is available.

By turning it off, you're not losing any feature - just the processing that you don't prefer. Does that help explain the feature?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
Same problem

I have a UE46C6005 and when I use the Motion Plus feature the picture sometimes skips slightly. When I turn it off the judder is very strong. Constant judder. So, I pretty much HAVE to use motion plus which looks very good apart from that annoying skipping.

What to do? Several people I talk to say "Just turn off the smoothing feature" but when I do it becomes unwatchable anytime something moves in screen.

CNET Forums

Forum Info