General discussion

Juan is the loneliest number, Juan is the lon......

At least he was at NPR. The only black man hired there. Now he's got a better position at FOX and speaking out about the mind control method of journalism at NPR (a George Soros backed organization). Hello Black America, why aren't you picketing NPR about firing their ONLY black reporter? Where's the NAACP out protesting this? No black reporters need apply at NPR?

Juan, say it isn't so!

Mr. Williams said in an essay published Thursday on FoxNews.com that he was fired ?for telling the truth.?

He continued in the essay: ?Now that I no longer work for NPR let me give you my opinion. This is an outrageous violation of journalistic standards and ethics by management that has no use for a diversity of opinion, ideas or a diversity of staff (I was the only black male on the air). This is evidence of one-party rule and one-sided thinking at NPR that leads to enforced ideology, speech and writing. It leads to people, especially journalists, being sent to the gulag for raising the wrong questions and displaying independence of thought.?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Juan is the loneliest number, Juan is the lon......
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Juan is the loneliest number, Juan is the lon......
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
NPR was very stupid

no surprise.

- Collapse -
Saw that earlier and thought it was odd as I'd consider

that many organizations have a "no compete" policy of some sort. Perhaps requiring loyalty isn't so true in the news media. But I do think it odd that such organizations that routinely criticize free speech and free press being suppressed elsewhere would censure one of their own for the comment this man made.

- Collapse -
It is odd

Think of all the commentators in the past, men like Edwin Newman, Edward Murrow, others. Murrow criticized McCarthy harshly and openly. Any correspondent in the field, especially during Viet Nam War was giving their reports with opinions all the time. NPR's stance seems off base for a news organization, historically.

CNET Forums

Forum Info