Thank You for rsponding. I want to provide you with additional informtion. I will try to run the MalwareBytes, as it is updating right now (and is already installed on my system from a couple weeks ago.
As I am writing this, I got another MWB error.
szAppName : mbam.exe szAppVer : 126.96.36.199 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000
BUT I relaunched the program and is now at 80% downloading the latest update.
HERE IS SOME INFO TO GIVE YOU A BETTER IDEA OF THE LAST COUPLE DAYS.
Here is an overview.
Two days ago McAfee real-time scanner popped up with JS/Redirector.j trojan. The window showed that it was "repaired." But now system is running very slow and have been getting some various issues.
Prior to all of the above, the Mcafee software was up-to-date earlier yesterday, but after these events the mcafee software pop up told me I was not updated for atleast 8 days and run update. The update was run again, for only a short amount of time, then restarted.
Here is two of the Mcafee errors, which happened at different times:
AppName: mcshell.exe AppVer: 188.8.131.52 ModName: jscript.dll
ModVer: 5.8.6001.18702 Offset: 00032e86
szAppName : mcsysmon.exe szAppVer : 184.108.40.206 szModName : mccoreps.dll
szModVer : 220.127.116.11 offset : 0000a9b6
The computer system and internet access were both running very slow.
After, I ran the Malwarebytes software (already downloaded on my system for the last couple of weeks) in quick mode, and it took longer then usual, but came back with nothing. While it was running I did notice some files which I don't think I downloaded (even a while back), such as some type of anti virus software and other names which I don't know.
From there, I was getting various errors when using IE8 including ""Errors on this webpage might cause it to work incorrectly" and if I want a copy of them to click the yellow triangle in the lower left hand corner (the one that comes up with errors).
That is when I tried to launch the Malwarebytes software and got the error I Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Error - "MBAM_ERROR_CHECK_INFECTED (1816, 7)"
Since then I was able to slowly get to the internet today, and when I went to run Mcafee scan, an error came up "Scanning has encountered a problem from which it cannnot recover. Here are the problem details: Scan failed to start; result=-2147467259" ---
Since then, I was able to download the McAfee Virtual Technician and launch it. It came back with the following 3 errors.
VirusScan - McAfee VirusScan Plus
Problem: Registry entry problem(s) detected (1)
Problem: Service startup type incorrect (1)
Problem: DAT out of date
Registry 1 Registry key(s) incorrect
Expected Registry Value not Present
Expected : 1
Existing : 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\VSCore\On Access Scanner\MCShield\Configuration ScanCookies
Service 1 service(s) incorrect
Expected Service Startup type Incorrect
Expected : manual
Existing : automatic
Service : mcods C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
DAT and Engine 1 DAT / Engine update
DAT not Up-to-date
Expected : 6139
Expected : 5200
AFTER following the prompts it "auto fixed" the them, but then it provided a prompt to re-check and came up with the one error - ERROR Three again - DAT not Up-to-date - so I click the update link it prompted and the fix button and took a while to update DAT. It seemed to be updated, but when I checked the DAT file #, it still shows the Existing: 6138 and NOT the new one 6139.
I HOPE THIS PROVIDES YOU A BETTER IDEA OF MY CURRENT SITUATION. I THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE.
If you seek any additional information I will do my best to provide this to you. Thank you.