Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

''JS Feebs [wrm] irus problem.

by standeb / September 15, 2006 12:20 PM PDT

Hi Moderators

I run Xp Pro. SP 2.

A few days ago I received a virus detection warning via my anti virus program that a virus was detected.
I however noticed the next day that my system was loading every website slow. I used Spybot, Ewido,Lavasoft adaware, Xoftspy and Avast Home but all came up clean. Yet the system remains drunk slow. I further tried House call and a squared but to no avail.

A further check in avast warning folder showed that a trace of the captioned virus was detected but nothing was shown in the virus chest.

I also noticed that when I move from one page to the next that the requested page came up minimized necessitating that I maximise it.

From the syntoms I suspect that the system is infected. Despite my searches I have not been able find a how to.

I shall be grateful you your kind assistance.

Thanking you.

standeb.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ''JS Feebs [wrm] irus problem.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ''JS Feebs [wrm] irus problem.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
JS Feebs..............
by 09Bentley / September 15, 2006 1:04 PM PDT

Is the title of your post the information you got from the Avast file? Is this a worm? Can't tell from what you wrote.
Of the programs you ran, Avast, TrendMicro and a-squared
are anti-virus programs. They should have found it.
I would suggest a further search from BitDefender.com.
They will sometimes find things that none of the "big boys" can. It is a free scan. Whataya got to lose?

Collapse -
"JS Feebs [wrm]
by standeb / September 15, 2006 1:28 PM PDT
In reply to: JS Feebs..............

Hi L'il Abner,

Thanks for the reply. Yes "JS Feebs [wrm} is what I got from the Avast File. I checked Alwill.com the Avast Website. There a about 6 to 8 versions of the virus. Its a Worm.

I never tried Bit Defender. I will now.

Your kind attention is greatly appreciated. I will let you know what results I got.

Standeb.

Collapse -
Re: ''JS Feebs'' Virus Problem.
by standeb / September 17, 2006 1:17 AM PDT
In reply to: JS Feebs..............

Hello L'il Abner,

Tried Bit Defender but found nothing. However my Hard Drive size is 20. I have 7.87 free space left . In the process of seeking this virus I down loaded Ewido trial, and Spybot Search and Destroy in addition the my other av and malware programs.

I thought that the HD was now overcrowded with programs and document files and decided to remove Ewido. So soon as I did so the system began to function at its normal speed.

I must say that after downloading Ewido I found two instances of spyware and after that nothing more.

I have done a backup of all files and shall be deleting a great amount from the system. That should help to recover ram.

Meanwhile thank you for your suggestions.

Standeb.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?