General discussion

JPEG to MPEG Conversion?

When my hard drive crashed, I paid a service to recover the files. Several MPEG's are now JPEG. Anybody know how to convert back to MPEG?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: JPEG to MPEG Conversion?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: JPEG to MPEG Conversion?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
How big is one of those files?

I wonder if you lost the player for said file. Tell me the file size and filename plus extension so I can guess if VLCPLAYER could help.

Bob

- Collapse -
If it is Windows,

change the file extension in Windows Explorer.

- Collapse -
JPEG to MPEG Conversion

Thanks - I already tried that. Media player said it could not open the file.

- Collapse -
Do you remember which player open these video files?

If media player worked before but not now; then some codec are missing on the player.

- Collapse -
Did Windows warn you when you changed the extension?

If it didn't, then you didn't change it. You could have something like:

myfile.mpg.jpg

If you were warned, and changed it anyway, then the file was probably not fully recovered. It's not bad to proceed with the change, but, even with the corrected extension, the file may be trashed or incomplete.

CNET Forums

Forum Info