....frankly I thought he should have been canned for letting Kevin Brown start Game 7 in the 2004 ALCS. Explaining that "it was his turn" just didn't cut it for me.

I think he's most likely gone, though it's possible that some of the key players may petition for him by threatening to leave if he goes. It's been done before -- in 1977 several Yankees threatened to quit if Billy Martin was fired and it got him a reprieve.

Cashman is and has been the bigger problem IMO. It's unbelievable how much money he has thrown down the toilet -- Kei Igawa, Carl Pavano, the aforementioned Kevin Brown, Jaret Wright -- the list goes on and on.

In a sly Reggie Jackson reference, some people on another board refer to A-Rod as "Mr. April." He had an unbelievable season and the Yankees probably wouldn't have made the postseason without him, but again he choked when it counted.

I hope Posada and Mariano Rivera decide to re-sign, and I hope Clemens has the sense to finally retire. A disappointing end to a roller-coaster season.