HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Josh, one for you "beatles on the roof"

by jonah jones / June 22, 2005 3:17 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Josh, one for you "beatles on the roof"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Josh, one for you "beatles on the roof"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gear, mate!
by Josh K / June 22, 2005 3:54 AM PDT

Great quality clip, reminds me that the DVD release of "Let it Be" is YEARS overdue.

Collapse -
How cool!
by Cindi Haynes / June 22, 2005 4:12 AM PDT

And was that Billy Preston on the keyboards?

I like how the cameraman gettin the upshot is jammin' along laying there on his back. Happy

Cindi

Collapse -
Oops! It was John's foot tappin.
by Cindi Haynes / June 22, 2005 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: How cool!

I thought it belonged to the cameraman on first look.

Ah well. George is darned cute!

Cindi

Collapse -
Yep, Billy Preston
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 22, 2005 5:36 AM PDT
In reply to: How cool!

I felt really sorry for Billy then. He was becoming a regular session player on Beatle's tracks and playing in televised sessions, but the Beatles broke up shortly after that session on the roof.

Wasn't it the last time they ever worked together?

I remember the day well. It was a major news story that night on UK tv news and it stopped all the traffic around the London Street where they were, with all the people on the street looking upwards in wonder at the sound.

And all the police looking slightly embarrased as they knew they wanted to stop it, but who could have stopped the Beatles playing at that time without a riot? Happy

Great video clip, and thank you.

Mark

Collapse -
It was their last live performance
by Josh K / June 22, 2005 6:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Yep, Billy Preston

They continued to record together for several more months (Abbey Road was recorded later that year and was their last album, even though Let it Be was released later). They formally disbanded on April 10, 1970 when Paul announced he was quitting. Legally, they remained contractually bound to each other until 1976.

Collapse -
Ahh, that's right
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 22, 2005 7:33 PM PDT

I had forgotten that Abbey Road came out later.

Mark

Collapse -
Not sure but think
by Sancho Panza / June 23, 2005 1:10 PM PDT

I am not sure,but I think I have seen them performing this song at the same place before.But then Lennon sang one part of the song backwards.Another question that I have to anyone who knows about the Beatles is if Lennons coat was made of human hair.Somebody told me he did this in opposition to animal cruelty.Once again I have no clue and don't claim to be righ t in any of my thoughts/questions.?In any case it's an awesome clip!

Collapse -
Billy Preston
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 22, 2005 8:17 PM PDT
In reply to: Yep, Billy Preston

I've just found another film clip in my collection of a live session of The Beatles with Billy Preston on an electronic keyboard.

"The Long and Winding Road" with Paul on Piano, and supported by Billy.

I don't have my own web site on a server anywhere, otherwise I would post it on there.

Mark

Collapse -
Great Clip!
by gooslojo / June 22, 2005 4:31 AM PDT

I'll add it to my collection,grab some stills and send them to my gf(working in a different room in the house!)She tends bar part time,her regular customers call her Beatlehead!

Collapse -
Ill be glad when FF reaches a point where
by Dragon / June 22, 2005 4:56 AM PDT

I never see a message saying, "No suitable plugins were found"

Collapse -
I had no problem seeing it in FireFox
by EdH / June 22, 2005 8:12 PM PDT

You'll get that message in any browser if you don't have the proper plugins installed.

Collapse -
Guess Ill have to find out
by Dragon / June 23, 2005 10:55 PM PDT

what plugin I need.

Collapse -
Drat!
by Angeline Booher / June 22, 2005 8:10 AM PDT

I'm having continuing PC problems, so couldn't get into the site past the intro.

But I would like to mention this...

I watched a re-broadcast of "Paul McCartney in Moscow" last weekend, and was blown away! The faces of the people of many ages were glowing as they responded to the performance.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Thanks Jonah, I bookmarked it for Robbie.
by Ziks511 / June 23, 2005 11:24 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.