Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Jon Benet Ramsey's Mother Patsy passes away

by Evie / June 24, 2006 12:32 AM PDT
Mother of JonBenet Ramsey dies

Patsy Ramsey, mother of slain child beauty queen Jonbenet Ramsey, has died of ovarian cancer at age 49.

In an interview Saturday morning with CNN, her lawyer, Lin Wood, said she died peacefully in Atlanta overnight.
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Jon Benet Ramsey's Mother Patsy passes away
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Jon Benet Ramsey's Mother Patsy passes away
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sorry for the family but,
by duckman / June 24, 2006 1:04 AM PDT

one less suspect

Collapse -
Can't help but wonder ...
by Evie / June 24, 2006 1:14 AM PDT

... if she took any secrets with her, or if there will be some new breaks in the case in the coming weeks.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
May she RIP with her daughter.
by John Robie / June 24, 2006 3:28 AM PDT

Followed the case pretty well at the time and thought her little brother knew more, with his parents protecting him.

Collapse -
I always thought she did it
by Josh K / June 24, 2006 7:15 AM PDT

We may never know now.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) My inkling is more towards her covering for the son
by Evie / June 24, 2006 7:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
Jim and I both
by Glenda / June 24, 2006 7:36 AM PDT

Thought that the Boulder PD botched the investigation so badly, By just focusing on the family that they will never find out who did it. My feelings are that it was an employee or former employee that did this and nothing to do with the family at all:( Whatever, it was a tragedy that this child died:(

Collapse -
I'm always stuck on the fact that there were ...
by Evie / June 24, 2006 7:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Jim and I both

... no footprints in the snow. I followed the case pretty closely, but may have missed that this "catch" had been explained, but I don't recall it ever being so.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
The police
by Glenda / June 24, 2006 8:04 AM PDT

didn't even bother to look until the snow was gone:(

Collapse -
What about that bizarre ransom note?
by Josh K / June 24, 2006 8:07 AM PDT

If one child had just murdered the other, both parents would have been in absolute hysterics. I can't imagine either parent being composed enough to be able to think up a ransom note idea, much less compose one like that in such a short time. The note had to have been written by someone in much more control of themselves than that.

The lack of footprints isn't as incriminating as people think. There wasn't complete snow cover that night; there were enough bare patches that a killer could have left the house without leaving prints in snow.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) where was santa, was rooftop checked
by WOODS-HICK / June 24, 2006 8:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
:-).....He was totally cleared...
by John Robie / June 24, 2006 10:54 AM PDT

The 60+ year old man and his wife were in bed at 8PM on that night. The had participated in a X-mas party for them previously and was thoroughly check out by police. They apparently were harassed by the press and eventually left Colorado, he shaved his natural white beard, and they moved to the East Coast.

Collapse -
Yep, the ranson note was strange...
by John Robie / June 24, 2006 11:08 AM PDT

It was written on one of her kitchen pads with one of her felt pens. Expert handwritting analysis were taken of all people associated, even 300+ employees in the husbands company & domestic help. No conculsive, but at least one or two thought the wife's handwriting came the closest. What can also be considered strange is that the note was found by her on the small back spiral staircase that she uses every morning before anyone else, instead of the main stairway.

No footprints to link to anyone, one detective saying his footprints did not show on the driveway or sidewalk and there was just small patches of snow on the ground.

The basement window latch was broken by the husband some time ago and he never got around to fixing it. Detectives noted that there were some cobwebs indicating that it was not recently opened.

Local Police did not do a good good job according to what I have read.

Collapse -
If it was the brother, who was just
by John Robie / June 24, 2006 11:15 AM PDT

2 weeks shy of being 10 years old, perhaps the parents did not want to loose their only child left.

He was considered a quiet boy, left the scene with their adult friends without questioning by the police, carrying his Nentendo equipment.

Collapse -
Both sound plausible to me ...
by Evie / June 24, 2006 12:26 PM PDT

... I'm only speculating as much as anyone else is. But I believe it was almost definitely family. Footprints from walking on light snow are one thing. No sign of disturbance outside a basement window (the access point in the theories involving an intruder) is almost impossible to get my head around. Basement windows tend to offer significant challenge to nimble children, more so for any size adult. Considering the time elapsed between the last time she was reportedly seen alive and the time she was discovered, there was time to gain a sort of psychotic composure (that's the only way I can think of to describe it) and cook up the bizarre ransom note.

I know nothing of Burke or the family, but it seems entirely plausible that he could have harbored deep resentment for the attention she received. I've been around a disturbed child or two, and although none ever did anything like this, I can would be lying if I said I didn't think them capable of evil. IF the kid did it, it may well not have come as a total surprise to the parents.

The voice of Burke on the 911 call (if reports are true) when the Ramsey's story is that he was asleep the whole time is troubling. So was their appearance in that TV interview.

Collapse -
Sorry, but very WRONG
by duckman / June 24, 2006 11:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Jim and I both

It was a family member

Collapse -
She did it
by marinetbryant / June 24, 2006 11:54 AM PDT

It seems the only consensus is the Boulder PD screwed up the crime scene investigation. Why would they wait to send DNA evidence to the FBI 7 yrs later? Know some webs like crime stories might be full of it but seems there were a lot of potential suspects weren't interviewed-investigated because the PD was focused on the Ramseys. When that didn't pan out they started covering their butts.

Tom

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?