Speakeasy forum

General discussion

John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is that a good link, Josh?

In reply to: John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush

Collapse -
It worked when I tried it

In reply to: (NT) Is that a good link, Josh?

It's a video clip, not sure what format it's in. Maybe you have to be using IE? Not sure.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) requires media player 9

In reply to: It worked when I tried it

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'm using WMP 7.1 and I can open it

In reply to: (NT) requires media player 9

Collapse -
Strange. I am getting this

In reply to: (NT) I'm using WMP 7.1 and I can open it

Collapse -
Re: Strange. I am getting this

In reply to: Strange. I am getting this

And I get a 404 error when I try your link. Strange indeed. I don't know enough about this stuff to troubleshoot it. It's a funny clip though.

Collapse -
Re: John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush

I have Media Player settings set to NOT connect to the net so I can't view the file to comment other than based on your topic line.

John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush....and thank the stars it's showing more and more each day.

TONI

Collapse -
Re: John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush

In reply to: Re: John Kerry: He's Not George W. Bush

It's really very funny and takes aim at both of them.

Collapse -
John Kerry .. He's not Bob Kerrey either!

John Kerry Confuses Himself With Bob Kerrey

In trying to defend his horrendous record on intelligence "and spin their way out of his lousy committee attendance record," Kerry's campaign "claimed on its website Monday, 'John Kerry served on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence for 8 years and is the former Vice Chairman of the Committee.' Fact is John Kerry has never ? ever! ? served as vice chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence," the Republican National Committee noted today.

"Turns out, there as a senator named Bob Kerrey from Nebraska who was vice chairman for a while. Kerry?s website later pulled the plug on the page, which might be construed as a metaphor for the whole campaign."

Chuckle ... maybe they forgot to pull this Rapid Response Center citation Wink

Release the records Kerry! Sooner or later the public (though maybe not the blind sheep) will catch on. If someone attacks your credibility what do you do? Debunk them with the facts (unreleased records) or send out a team of lawyers? If someone states something demonstrably false in an ad what do you do? Debunk them with the facts (release the records) or attack the messenger. I'm seeing a pattern here, and eventually most thinking people are gonna think "why doesn't he just release the records"

Evie Happy
Collapse -
Re: John Kerry .. He's not Bob Kerrey either!

In reply to: John Kerry .. He's not Bob Kerrey either!

I think we both know that error was caused by a staffer and not by Senator Kerry himself.

Collapse -
So?

In reply to: Re: John Kerry .. He's not Bob Kerrey either!

If a Bush staffer had ... say ... mistakenly claimed he had head the CIA you would not be so generous as to give a pass.

Now how about those records!

Collapse -
Oh Wait.....

When Bush gets wrong information he's nearly crucified....when Kerry gets the information wrong, it's somebody else's fault so it's OK????

TONI

Collapse -
Re: Oh Wait.....

In reply to: Oh Wait.....

Kerry didn't get anything wrong. He didn't post the information at the website. If the man himself had stated what was claimed on the site, that would be a different story (and a better analogy).

Collapse -
'The man himself'...

In reply to: Re: Oh Wait.....

meaning Kerry has quite plainly told people at EVERY little whistlestop to make use of the info on his website. He has never indicated that the viewer should be aware that he doesn't know what goes up on the site (but anyone who thinks that he isn't briefed on additions to the site might help you pay for that bridge you apparently invested heavily in).

A leader accepts responsibility for the actions of his subordinates. Bush has but Kerry doesn't and never has. He is a self centered opportunist.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Attempt to make mountain out of molehill noted

In reply to: 'The man himself'...

Collapse -
Re: 'The man himself'...

"A leader accepts responsibility for the actions of his subordinates. Bush has..."

Meaning he has about the WMD etc. etc. etc.?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) 'Bush has.' ROTFL! ! !

Collapse -
Kerry/Kerrey

yup, t'was surely a staffer. But who hired the staffer? Who even briefly reviewed the lowly staffer's work before it was set out for public consumption? Do the people that Kerry has hired even know how to spell his name, much less have any idea what he ever did before? That makes me wonder about the boss as much as about the lowly staffer...

dw

Collapse -
Re: Kerry/Kerrey

In reply to: Kerry/Kerrey

C'mon, do you think George W. Bush has personally interviewed every single person on his campaign staff? Of course not; he has someone in charge of such hiring, as does Kerry.

Collapse -
Poor Misguided, Josh

In reply to: Re: Kerry/Kerrey

Kerry could literally grow a Pinocchio nose on nationwide TV with millions of witnesses and ask "are you going to believe me or your lying eyes" and he would be given a green light by his 'believers'.

TONI

Collapse -
You're not addressing my post at all.....

In reply to: Poor Misguided, Josh

....but whatever.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yes she did. You just don't see the nose.

In reply to: You're not addressing my post at all.....

Collapse -

It's not whether Kerry (or Bush, or any candidate, or any CEO, for that matter) has personally interviewed every employee, but whether the top dog is responsible for and hires capable people at the next level, who in turn hire capable people at the next level, and so on down. At levels closer to the bottom grunt level, it changes to supervision and oversight. But the next level up should know this. And the level up from that should too. All the way back up to the top.

It is entirely believable that some dweeb kid who is facile with html was picked up to work on the web page staff; and said kid googled a misspelled "Sen. Kerrey" and got a hit that he was chair of the intelligence committee; and then thought that information would make a dynamite web page. What is unbelievable is that apparently nobody, and I mean nobody, saw that as a even a mere factual error, much less a management problem. So where does that kind of Presidential management take us?

dw

Collapse -

That all makes good sense. I guess it's kinda like a President getting reports that a country has chem/bio weapons and then using that information as the basis upon which to invade that country, and then finding out the reports were erroneous.

Hmmmmm.....come to think of it, it's not nearly as serious as that.

Collapse -
or...

low level "staffers" taking pictures of themselves making fun of naked prisoners with hoods over their heads... or fund raisers for the governor of a certain unnamed nearby jurisdiction pimping w.***** (and let's leave his other pecadillos alone for now)... or [fill in the blank with any number of incidents on either side of the aisle]... What goes on at the bottom can tell you a lot about the top.

dw

Collapse -
It's much simpler than this really ...

... if Kerry had been vice chair of the committee, one would think he would TOUT that on the campaign trail and in his convention speech as part of his qualifications to be strong on the war on terror. Of course we all know he has been silent on his record, but any astute staffer should pick up on the fact that this didn't sound right because surely he would have heard it before now.

Evie Happy

Collapse -
True but...

it also shows that there is no "command interest" in ensuring that the staffers are performing adequately.

Pretty muct the same as likely happened regarding Logan Airport security prior to 9/11 when Kerry and his staff essentially blew off the warnings.

Not the "Right Stuff" for any leader but is indicative of Kerry. After the majority of the "Vietnam Vets" who told stories of atrocities during the Kerry/Fonda "Winter Soldier Investigation" were exposed as frauds who had never been to Vietnam (and in many cases had never even been in the military) Kerry still uses their "stories" as he did in his Senate Testemony without ever the slightest effort to vet any of the info.

Kerry is NOT Presidential material.

Collapse -
Ok, now do you...

In reply to: Re: True but...

want a link to Kerry stating the EXACT same things both prior to and after we took action in Iraq? Right up until he flip flopped because Dean was showing him up in the primaries.

Bush has shouldered the blame and accepted responsibility for intelligence info that cause Clinton and Gore to make the same assumptions and only a fool would sit idly while a terrorist regime acknowledged to have WMD was left with the capability to pass them around to his friends.

Proscribed weapons and technology was certainly found and the 9/11 Commission even made it clear that Wilson's claim about Africa and Iraq and Uranium was discredited.

Kerry is responsible for the actions of his staff just as your boss is responsible for your actions for and on behalf of your employer.

Collapse -
Re: Ok, now do you...

In reply to: Ok, now do you...

Bush has shouldered the blame and accepted responsibility...

Actually he hasn't. He still won't admit we goofed and says he'd still invade even knowing our reason for doing so didn't exist.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.