Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Jimmy Carter at it again...

by Edward ODaniel / October 26, 2004 5:02 AM PDT
October 22, 2004

The Smoking Peanut
Matt Grills

No sooner do I return from vacation than I?m hearing yet another bizarre Jimmy Carter claim, this time that the Revolutionary War was ?an unnecessary war.?

Carter?s latest offense to sense came during his Oct. 18 ?Hardball? bonding session with Chris Matthews. Drawing a ridiculous comparison between the colonists? war for independence and the war in Iraq, the Man Who Shamelessly Begged for a Nobel Peace Prize had this to say: ?One parallel is that the Revolutionary War, more than any other war up until recently, has been the most bloody war we?ve fought. I think another parallel is that in some ways the Revolutionary War could have been avoided. It was an unnecessary war.?

What can I say? The man is a couple score short of a full deck.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Jimmy Carter at it again...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Jimmy Carter at it again...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Jimmy Carter at it again...
by TONI H / October 26, 2004 5:07 AM PDT

All those cases of Billy Beer that never got sold but stored in family basements.......maybe he's been tipping the cans?

TONI

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Maybe he wants us to return to colonial rule under the
by dirtyrich / October 26, 2004 5:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Doh...cut off...
by dirtyrich / October 26, 2004 5:11 AM PDT

Maybe he wants us to return to colonial rule under the UN?

Collapse -
Let's look at the REST of that conversation
by Angeline Booher / October 26, 2004 5:40 AM PDT

Had the British Parliament been a little more sensitive to the colonial?s really legitimate complaints and requests the war could have been avoided completely, and of course now we would have been a free country now as is Canada and India and Australia, having gotten our independence in a nonviolent way.

I think in many ways the British were very misled in going to war against America and in trying to enforce their will on people who were quite different from them at the time.

http://www.libertypost.org/cgi-bin/readart.cgi?ArtNum=71537

Angeline
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Did he really say that the Revolution was bloodier
by Kiddpeat / October 26, 2004 5:46 AM PDT

than the Civil War? That's not the way I learned it.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Yes, why let simple documented facts slow him down?
by Edward ODaniel / October 26, 2004 5:58 AM PDT
Collapse -
The context remains the same Angeline...
by Edward ODaniel / October 26, 2004 5:55 AM PDT

essentially Carter still relies on his "what ifs" too much.

If wishes were fishes you know.

Wish on the left hand and spit on the right and see which shows results.

By Carter's own theories WW I and WW II were "unnecessary wars" because IF other events had happened additional other things would not have happened.

No war is necessary as long as you are willing to roll over and allow things to happen to you without your consent or representation's consent. Even Alice and her pals the Mad Hatter and Cheshire cat would recognize that such was not realistic nor supportable though.

Collapse -
The scarey part is that he hasn't changed since he was
by Kiddpeat / October 26, 2004 5:43 AM PDT

President. This looney tunes had his finger on the trigger. No wonder he was defeated by Iran.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?