Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Jesus/Satan joke

by Dragon / March 16, 2005 1:16 AM PST

Jesus and Satan had been having an ongoing argument for months - about who was better on the computer.

They went at it for days, weeks at a time, and frankly, God was getting tired of hearing all the bickering.

Finally fed up, God said,"THAT'S IT! I have had enough. I am going to set up a test that will run for two hours, and from those results, I will judge who does the better job." So Satan and Jesus sat down at their respective keyboards and when the bell sounded began typing away.

They moused.They faxed. They e-mailed. They e-mailed with attachments. They downloaded. They did spreadsheets! They wrote reports. They created labels
and cards, endless charts and graphs. They did genealogy reports, etc., etc., and every possible computing job known to man.

Jesus worked with heavenly efficiency --- but Satan was fast as hell.

Then, ten minutes before their time was up, lightning flashed suddenly across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and, of course, the power went off.

Satan just stared at his blank screen - and screamed every curse word known in the underworld. Jesus just sighed.

Finally, the electricity came back on and each of
them restarted his computer. Satan began searching frantically and screaming: "It's gone! It's all GONE! "I lost everything when the power went out!"

A few feet away, Jesus quietly printed out all of
the files from his past two hours of work, neat and complete.

Satan saw this and became furious. "Hey!" he yelled,"that's not fair! Jesus cheated! How else could he have all of his work - and I don't have
any?"

God just shrugged and said, "Jesus saves."

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Jesus/Satan joke
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Jesus/Satan joke
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) omg! that HAS to be the "groaner" of all time.. :-)
by jonah jones / March 16, 2005 1:19 AM PST
In reply to: Jesus/Satan joke
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Saw that coming by the second para.
by EdH / March 16, 2005 1:29 AM PST
In reply to: Jesus/Satan joke
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?