Mac OS forum

General discussion

JDBC Quick Start

by ellias2007 / January 26, 2009 10:37 PM PST

Hi All,
i am Dr. ellias from canada,
i am expert in Graphic design and use usually Adobe software : Photoshop, Premiere, After Effect, InDesign ... and 3D Software and others....
i Teache also in my university Java language (for beginners) ...
i am now about learning how to build a Complete Database Application...
Many of my collegues here in the University Use Visual Basics and advise me to learn and use it.... But,
Since i Know Java Language and teache it (only General Java : the logic-loops-classes-object oriented- and so), and also LOVE it and find it nice and strong, i prefer to use it in this target ....
i am asking about the way to QUICK LEARN how to build a Complete Database Application using Jdbc-Sql ....
i am an expert in many kinds of softwares ... BUT in the level ZERO in the domain of Database-jdbc-connection ....

in fact, what i must to do to start and get a Jdbc driver and a software handeling a DataBase??
where i must write the code ??
How to compile it ??
i am Running MacOS 10.5 intel, what are the tools i must to have in order to Start Physically the work...

PLEASE HELP ME to quick learn and use Jdbc and its Family
Many Thanks
Dr. Ellias

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: JDBC Quick Start
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: JDBC Quick Start
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Google
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / January 26, 2009 11:44 PM PST
In reply to: JDBC Quick Start

Enter JDBC into Google and marvel at the number of hits you get.

One of them, a JDBC tutorial, looks interesting

P

Collapse -
Tools for Mac...
by ellias2007 / January 28, 2009 2:20 AM PST
In reply to: Google

Dear,

What i neeeeeeeed is a Help in the following :
--> The Free Tool where i write the code and compile it
--> The Free Tool where i write the database and save and access it...
--> How to connect to this Database from the JavaTool ...
--> Where to set All the parts of the stuff (Control Panel?, Extension?,...)

All the following stuffs are clear for me and i DONT need any help...
--> Using the SQL statements
--> Writing Java Code
--> Making GUI using Swing or others
--> Access The Database (Select-Update-Delete-Insert.....)
Because i learned All these theorically ....

Simply, What i need is a help how to practice these theories ..
i need some one to write me a help like this :
1) Go to www .XXX and download XXX and write your code here.
2) Go to www .XXX and download XXX and Make your DataBase here.
3) Open XXX(controlPanel?? other?? i dont know what...) in your Mac, and in order to set the connection do the following : XXX, YYY, ZZZ ...
4) ...
5) ....
And so on ...

in fact All my freinds here are Ms Windows user... and i am the only MAC user ... they use VB.net with sqlserver with a lot of available tools for their OS ... so i need only a push-up in the Software levels ...
Many Thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!