Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

JavaScript website builder

by passat / February 22, 2004 7:11 PM PST

What's software is used to generate JavaScript based websites like CNET.com, ZDNet.com?
It's looks like some website builder program, generating ready pages/websites, by filling out form screens, and software will do all the code, no needs html or java to prepare a page.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: JavaScript website builder
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: JavaScript website builder
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:JavaScript website builder
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 22, 2004 10:55 PM PST
Collapse -
Re:Re:JavaScript website builder
by passat / February 23, 2004 12:36 AM PST

I am surprised, that you don't see JavaSript on this CNET.com, ZDNet.com websites. It's classic javasripts websites. The main advantage of such automatically prepared websites is that its genenerated automatically, so you dont need install server, nor database and MySQL

Collapse -
Yes. Javascipt in the CLIENT!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2004 12:55 AM PST

You don't know what's in the backend.

"so you dont need install server, nor database and MySQL"

This would be a magical thing. Do you know of such a web site? Even Cnet (here, in this forum) has a database and server to handle user accounts. So what you write as Cnet being an example must be false.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Yes. Javascipt in the CLIENT!
by passat / February 23, 2004 1:37 AM PST

What I mean is just Website builder software, like this store builder for e-commerce: http://www.scsystem.com
His main feature is high flexibility: you dont need CGI, Java, or scripting skills. No server-side software is required. And it can be placed on any hosting service.

Collapse -
And that takes us back to the begining.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2004 1:59 AM PST

Since you've found your solution and what you don't know is others can "corrupt" such a solution easily. This won't sustain any real-world application.

This solution still requires a server to host it, plus some means for the orders to get back to you. You will not be pleased if you try something odd like emailing orders on the users machines. How many times will you help users fix their MAILTO: issues?

Bob

Collapse -
Re: cnet.com website is generated by website builder software
by passat / February 23, 2004 2:34 AM PST

I still found no the necessary solution. Of cource, it's impossible to avoid some problems in such solutions, but in general, its very convenient thing for peoples which want to start e-business fast on their website. As to cnet.com, zdnet.com, I am confident, such javascript websites is generated by website builder software, nobody code such the websites manually.

Collapse -
Re:Re: cnet.com website is generated by website builder software
by Sovereign Forum moderator / February 23, 2004 6:00 AM PST

Well somebody had to code it some day, but I think they are using a "sort of" template. Like for example message boards, everybody just gets them, installs them and uses them. All you got to do in learn the interface. Is that what ur talking about?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!