Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

javascript links not working HELP!

I am running xp home . I had my computer serviced and since have not been able to pay certain bills online because I the computer won't let me use any of the javascript links. I was asked by the person that serviced my computer to download sun java but I already have it in my system and it is telling me it is working as it should. also have a hp running 2000 which he also seviced and I am having the same problem with it, I cannot open anything that has a javascript link. Please HELP! Also on my xp home I cannot open up system restore, when I try it gives me a blank page. it was working before I had it serviced...any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: javascript links not working HELP!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: javascript links not working HELP!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: javascript links not working HELP!

In reply to: javascript links not working HELP!

Collapse -
javascript, still not happening

In reply to: Re: javascript links not working HELP!

did as u suggested. went to tools, internet options, securities, and it is set to medium. still no luck...anything else I can try? please?

Collapse -
javascript

In reply to: javascript, still not happening

Hi,
I can remember this happening to me and posting on these forums. I was told to download and run a program called "iefix". If you search on google for it, I think it should be easy to find a download. (Providing you are using Internet Explorer). I would not be able to tell you if it works though. There was a problem running it for me but it should work for you.

However, what did work for me was using Netscape Navigator. Then later, when I reformatted my hard drive, the links worked in internet explorer too.
Hope this Helps

Kris

Collapse -
Still nothing

In reply to: Re: javascript links not working HELP!

Still not working, I am losing it here. Have tried everything that has been suggested. any other ideas please!

Collapse -
Re: Still nothing.

In reply to: Still nothing

tainosoul, Go to the link below and download the "Microsoft Virtual Machine File 1" first then restart your computer. Then go back to the same link and download the "Microsoft Virtual Machine File 3" and restart your computer. You must download the File 1 first and restart your computer then download File 3 and restart your computer. Hopefully it will correct your problem on the Windows XP machine. As far as the Windows 2000 machine I'm not familiar with Windows 2000 but at the link below under "Installation Tips" there is some info.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/brugje/VM/downloads.htm

Tufenuf

Collapse -
just a silly question

In reply to: Still nothing

have you tried system restore to restore before you had it serviced...???? let it be a lesson dont let people play with your pc.......most service people havent got a clue.....best to do it yourself
HOPE IT SORTS IT

neil

Collapse -
What did he do to your computer?

Saying it was serviced really doesn't tell much. It might help people to help you if we knew what was done.

Collapse -
take your pc

back and tell them you want your settings back..........dont leave the shop till it works............YOU need to be blunt and angry to make them take you serious
good luck

neil

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!