General discussion

JAVA Version 7 Update 17 plz Help me with installation

i cant install "JAVA Version 7 Update 17" when ever i try to it shows a msg saying " the installer cannot proceed with the current internet connection settings. please visit the following web site for more information. http://java.com/en/download/help" so plz plz plz help me install coz i did install update 15 about a month ago and it was no problem. but now in chrome browser it asks for java plugin installation and iam not able to do so

help me!!!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: JAVA Version 7 Update 17 plz Help me with installation
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: JAVA Version 7 Update 17 plz Help me with installation
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: java

Did you do what that link told you to do? What happened?

Kees

- Collapse -
re

it just shows help section on java.com and couldnt find any help

- Collapse -
Installing Java

>>.. but now in chrome browser it asks for java plugin installation and iam not able to do so<<

• See "How do I use Java with the Google Chrome browser?" where it addresses "Java plug-in needs permission" and related issues.

>>..when ever i try to it shows a msg saying " the installer cannot proceed with the current internet connection settings<<

Did you download the "offline" installer? I would recommend the following:

• Remove all prior versions. Depending on your OS, go to Control Panel > Add/Remove. Or if Windows 7 .. Control Panel > Programs and Features.

• Download (and unzip) JavaRa. (You must run JavaRa with administrator rights)

JavaRa should remove any leftovers. If for any reason JavaRa doesn't remove all remnants, the free version of Revo Uninstaller will surely do the job.

• Try installing Java 17 update 7 again. Make sure to select the offline installer, after first accepting the license agreement. (With Windows 64-bit version, you will also need to install "Windows X86")

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre7-downloads-1880261.html

Best of luck..
Carol

- Collapse -
Correction..

Just above the download link at the bottom of the post, it should read: "Try installing Java 7 update 17 again"

"Someone" must have transposed the numbers. Silly

- Collapse -
re

what do u mean by transposed? and how do i rectify it

- Collapse -
No Need To Worry..

Carol mistakenly inverted the Java version into version 17 instead of 7, and inverted the "update" version to 7 instead of 17.. As you indicated in your first post, you are attempting to install the correct Java 7 Update 17 version. Keep up the good work.

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
re

why do i have to install both 32bit and 64 bit versions

- Collapse -
Only If You Have Window 64 bit (You Didn't Tell Us)

Unfortunately, you didn't tell us the version of Windows you have installed on your computer, so Carol's covering all basis here.. If you're running Windows 7 Home 64 bit, (RIGHT click on "My Computer", choose 'Properties' to show your version of Windows. ) for example, it uses Internet Explorer in both 32 bit and 64 bit versions. If you're running Windows XP 32 bit, then you only need to install the 32 bit version of Java..

Hope this helps.

Grif

- Collapse -
re

i have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os

- Collapse -
If that's the case..
- Collapse -
carol's solution, it worked

thks carol i installed windows x64 like u suggested and it worked thks for the link iam gonna be using it for my future downloads too. thk u so much

CNET Forums