General discussion

Java MIA

Hi Folks,

Just noticed my java plug in for IE is no longer working. Verified this at http://www.uark.edu/~wrg/java/

Unfortunately I don't recall the last time I had occasion to use/launch any Java applets lately.

No new software/hardware installations only significant change (shudder) was application of latest critical update patches last week.

IE: 6.0.2900.2180.xps2_rtm_040803-2158
Java: j2re1.4.2._03

Not a major thing mind you, but *still* it's bugging me!

Any clues?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Java MIA
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Java MIA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Problem Solved

Guess I need to update the Java Virtual Machine ... compliance test and other test java applets work just fine now.

Guess the most recent batch of critical updates left a few loose ends out there ... Microsoft, I'm shocked!

- Collapse -
Can you update from

the Java console?

In Control Panel double click the Java Plug-in icon and then click the Update tab. See if there is an update available. My Java plug-in is 1.4.2_06 which the console says is uptodate, although I have heard mentioned by other people here about Java Plug-in 1.5_01.

I must admit I am unsure of the differences between the two.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info