Do others have a copy of the
java.exe
javaw.exe
javaws.exe

showing in C:\Windows\System32
and
in
C:\ProgramFiles\Java\JRE 6\bin

I have never seen this before, these files showing in 2 locations. Only with this recent java update, which I installed from the java site itself

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Java 6 version 22
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Java 6 version 22
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try it.

Uninstall Java, delete those and reinstall.

I can't tell if they are exactly the same here since I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.
Bob

- Collapse -
Just for fun.

Uninstall Java, then check for those. Delete and reinstall it.

I can't check it because I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and the files land slightly differently.
Bob

- Collapse -
Just for fun.

I can't check it because I'm on Windows 7 64 bit and the files land slightly differently.
Bob

- Collapse -
Just for fun....

Bob

- Collapse -
Try it....

Uninstall Java, delete those and reinstall.

I can't tell if they are exactly the same here since I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info