Video Cameras forum

General discussion

jagged lines on moving elements in video

well here's a puzzlement,

I recently posted a problem with jiggling video. well, in those same clips, now the jiggle has gone. but when the talent moves, it's as though their entire being gets a serrated/jagged edge, which goes away when they stand still. The appearance of these jagged edges coincides with where the video used to jiggle all over, so i assume there was a codec trying to overcome this problem?

I didn't do anything except download some irfanview plugins.

I have seen this jagged edge problem in past clips downloaded via firewire. can I get rid of it? is this normal for all digital handicams, or is premiere 6.0 not the best for this? thanks fj

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: jagged lines on moving elements in video
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: jagged lines on moving elements in video
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: jagged lines on moving elements in video

In reply to: jagged lines on moving elements in video

I agree. Not having your machine, I will not know what CODECS you have and what control you have over such, but I would look at raising the bits per second on the CODEC you are using to see if that helps.

Best of luck,

Bob

Collapse -
well acording to the manual

In reply to: Re: jagged lines on moving elements in video

premiere just accepts the DV coming in thru firewire "as is." can't really choose anything except 16bit audio.

I am wondering if more memory (i have 256 of 2100 in that machine) or a second hard drive would help. - fj

but again, it looks fine on full screen mode! - fj

Collapse -
Re: well acording to the manual

In reply to: well acording to the manual

Yes. And how its stored and played back can be through a CODEC. You may have to figure out how it broke.

Try http://www.moviecodec.com

Bob

Collapse -
What kind of video card are you using?

It should have an antialiasing capability.

Collapse -
radeon 7000

In reply to: What kind of video card are you using?

it's a radeon 7000, altho the video was downloaded on an abit VA-10 thru firewire, it has its onboard video

what is anti-aliasing? I'll have to look that up. how does one access these changes to video card setup? - fj

Collapse -
Antialiasing is the elimination of jaggies

In reply to: radeon 7000

when drawing angled lines.

Collapse -
fixed!

I discovered the cause i think-- by resetting screen size to next size up (1024x 76Cool all the problems went away. --fj

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.