Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Jack A.......about depatchy

by Sasha Tee / February 24, 2006 1:33 PM PST

Hi Jack,
I was curious about depatchy.com and went to their site but didn't register. Are the music downloads really free?
Is there anything I should know before registering? Thanks, Sasha

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Jack A.......about depatchy
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Jack A.......about depatchy
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Really free:)
by Glenda / February 24, 2006 1:44 PM PST

I did download real Player as win media wouldn't read the files, I have just been playing the songs on Real Player and not burning them to CD's

Collapse -
Hi Sasha...I wasn't aware you could download to...
by Jack Ammann / February 24, 2006 2:13 PM PST

...your computer any of DaPatchy's songs. From the song lists, you can left click in the little rectangular box to the left of the song title and the song will play in Real Player only. Maybe some way you can capture the song on your hard drive, but I don't know how to do it. Maybe Tony Holmes knows how to do that....Tony????

Collapse -
PS...but I did just discover something. When...
by Jack Ammann / February 24, 2006 3:47 PM PST

...I play songs from Dapatchy's song list, one at a time, I can close all windows and have just the desk top and then restart only Real Player (RP), RP had remembered what song I played last and I can play it again without starting Dapatchy.com. Now what I wonder is how can we get a whole song list into RP. Any ideas?

Collapse -
I suspect Real Player
by Steven Haninger / February 24, 2006 11:07 PM PST

has added line to it's MRU (most recently used) list and just re-links to the site and sound file. If the site disappears or the server is restructured, the link from MRUs can disappear. Real Player was, at one time, a known spyware program albeit rather benign. I believe it's been cleaned up a bit but I refuse to use it. It will create an entry in your MSCONFIG/Startup listing called "realschd" or some such. This is one way it regularly calls home. If you're going to use it, I'd recommend unchecking startup references...but sometimes they come back unexpectedly.

Collapse -
I just ran Adaware
by Dragon / February 28, 2006 2:25 AM PST
In reply to: I suspect Real Player

It said I had a data miner in Real Player which was taken care of. I'd be interested in seeing if it sprouts another one.

Collapse -
You can convert anything you hear...........
by Tony Holmes / February 24, 2006 7:43 PM PST

over your computer's speakers,whether it's RM,WMA or audio from a movie you're watching and convert it to an MP3.The resulting MP3 can then be burnt to an audio cd.

I use Total Recorder which is very reasonably priced and works very well. http://www.highcriteria.com/

Another site which puts Depatchy to shame without any fees is http://www.thedoowopjukebox.com/

Enjoy!

Collapse -
"free"? depends how you define it
by jonah jones / February 24, 2006 3:58 PM PST

one of them says "100% free downloads of millions of mp3s"

and yes, the download is "free"...

BUT they want a $39.95 membership fee

imo, depatchy (as in depatchy coming out of brisbane) is a rip off site....

Collapse -
WARNING WARNING d-E-patchy or d-A-patchy?
by jonah jones / February 24, 2006 4:04 PM PST

there are TWO sites,
one h-A-s music, d-A-patchy.com
one offers ''fr-E-e downloads'' d-E-patchy.com

Collapse -
Thank you all very much
by Sasha Tee / February 24, 2006 10:39 PM PST

I appreciate the info and advice. Guess I'll skip depatchy for now since I don't use Real Player.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.