Question

ITunes won't recognize Iphone 4 (Windows Vista)

Hello,

So, I got an Iphone 4 a few days ago and of courses I wanted to put some music on it. I installed itunes on my pc (Windows vista 32 Bit). I connected the Iphone to the pc, but itunes doesn't recognize it. I can charge it just fine and windows also recognizes it as a device.

I already looked into different forums and tried some things:

I reinstalled itunes and bonjour.
I checked that the Bonjour service is activated, as are the Ipod service and Apple Mobile Device.

When I check in itunes it tells me that Bonjour is supposedly not activated.

I also tried to shut down my firewall (zonealarm).

And I also restarted the Iphone and the computer, several times...

Another thing is that I cannot logon with my Apple-ID in itunes, I don't know if this has anything to do with this.

I really don't know what else I can try. I hope someone here can help me.

Please tell me, if you need more information from me.

Thanks,
Jana

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ITunes won't recognize Iphone 4 (Windows Vista)
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ITunes won't recognize Iphone 4 (Windows Vista)
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Given only these details.

I'd try another PC. I've lost count of the times the USB ports on the front of the desktop don't work.
Bob

- Collapse -
PC does recognize iPhone

Well, the pc does recognize the iPhone. It recognizes it as a device, I can see what is on it, but I cannot put anything else on it. Only iTunes doesn't recognize that the iPhone is connected and tells me that Bonjour is not activated, eventhough Windows says it is activated. I also tried to connect the iphone on all 4 USB ports, but iTunes doesn't recognize it.

- Collapse -
Since the other PC didn't work.

It's back to some Apple counter for them to test it there. Could be a blown port on the iPhone. Not unheard of.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
iTunes won't recognize device

I'm using Windows XP with iTunes 11 with iphone 4s and the following worked for me:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3221#0xE800000a

Additional Information
About unknown error 0xE800000a

When connecting your iOS device, iTunes might display an "unknown error 0xE800000a" when the contents of your lockdown directory are unusable. Do the following depending on your operating system:
Windows XP

Disconnect all iOS devices from your computer, and quit iTunes.
Open My Computer from the Start menu.
Choose Tools > Folder Options in the file browser window then click the View tab and change the "Hidden files and folders" option to "Show hidden files and folders."
Click OK.
Navigate to the following folder on your computer, noting that the drive letter can vary depending on which drive letter Windows starts from:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Apple
Move the Lockdown folder to the Recycle bin.
Reconnect your iOS device and open iTunes.

Hope this helps.

- Collapse -
Answer
I have the same problem

I upgrade my iphone 4s to 0.6.0, but I don't upgrade my itunes, then itunes can't recognize my iphone 4s.
then I upgrade itunes to the later version, it's okay

CNET Forums