General discussion

iTunes Track advance inop

My iTunes program has developed an odd issue in that it has stopped advancing to the next track when playing from within any or all of my 121 playlists or directly from the general Music playlist containing 5,265 tracks. I?ve always upgraded iTunes but only noticed this issue a day or so ago. I?m running iTunes 9.1 on a 2 Ghz PowerPC G5 with Sys. 10.5.8 and 8 MB of RAM.
Any suggestions and or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

--Chris

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: iTunes Track advance inop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: iTunes Track advance inop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
checkmarks

Are the tracks still checked in the name field. If not, command-click one check box and all of your tracks will get checked again.

- Collapse -
Re my checkmarks

Dear Kevin

Thanks ever so much for your assistance. That did it. If you don't mind could you explain to me the significance of the check marks, how they got unchecked and their function ?

Thanks again, Chris

- Collapse -
playlist

The checkmarks generally indicate whether a track should be included when playing through a playlist. If it's not checked, it's skipped. As you found when they're all not checked, the track you're playing will finish, but it won't move on because it can't find another track that's checked to go to. Checkmarks may also be used to indicate which tracks to rip from a cd and which tracks are selected for some other functions (maybe disc burning, but since I don't burn cds, I don't remember)

You probably just accidentally Command-clicked one checkmark one time and it toggled them off since as you see Command-clicking a track changes all of them within the Library or selected playlist. Regular clicking just deals with one track at a time.

CNET Forums

Forum Info