General discussion

Itunes music library

Hi everyone,

I have a problem that somehow beats me. I use I tunes as my digital music jukebow and currently have over 6000 songs that are spread over some 300 playlists.

If I need to format my computer, is there any way in which I can restore / back up this play list information in Itunes? The last time I formated my PC, I spent over three days re-arranging my songs back into the play lists.

Can anybody help here??

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Itunes music library
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Itunes music library
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
YES U CAN

When my laptop (Dell piece of crap) crashed last year i had luckily had all my music backed up on my extternal hard drive. But i lost all my playlists but when using my roomates laptop i noticed he had a bunch of my playlist in the exact same order. thats when he enlightened of the "export song list" function in itunes.

What you need to do first is make a playlist folder on your desktop (or anywhere you would like to put it). For each playlist that you would like to save highlight the playlist (just click on it once)and go to FILE and click on "export song list" then choose your playlist folder as the destination. This will save your playlist as a text file so you can always have it saved somewhere.

When you want to load it on your computer or even on someone else computer (they must have the songs in their library/on hard drive to play it) Click on FILE and then click on "import....... Crtl+Shift+O" and choose the playlist you want to load from the playlist folder. after that you done. if you have anymore questions hit me back.

- Collapse -
Thanks

Thanks a lot... Tried it out and it works just fine. I will do the same to my entire music library.

- Collapse -
COOL

i am glad i could help! Happy

CNET Forums

Forum Info