Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

ITunes 9.2 Window Placement

by flabouve / July 5, 2010 3:24 AM PDT

Since installing iTunes 9.2 I have not been able to permanently place a minimized iTunes window at the bottom. I can manually place it there, but each time I enlarge it, and then minimize it again, it returns to the bottom of the screen at a level above the dock. Is there a way to make it remember to stay at the very bottom of the screen?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ITunes 9.2 Window Placement
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ITunes 9.2 Window Placement
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What platform are you using?
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / July 5, 2010 8:32 AM PDT

Windows or Mac?

P

Collapse -
iTunes 9.2 Window Placement
by flabouve / July 6, 2010 12:56 AM PDT

Sorry, I overlooked that little detail. Mac OS 10.6.4.

Collapse -
Strange behavior
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / July 6, 2010 10:06 AM PDT

Hitting the Orange button does not place the window in the left hand side of the dock?

What about other open windows, do they exhibit the same behavior?

If the answer is yes, then you may want to get rid of the Finder preferences.

You will find them in users/yourusername/library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Drag that file onto the desktop and either log out and then back in
or
Command + Option + Esc and tell Finder to Force Quit.

I prefer the log out method.

P

Collapse -
ITunes 9.2 Window Placement
by flabouve / July 7, 2010 2:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Strange behavior

It's the green button that minimizes and places the window. After initially minimizing and placing the iTunes window in the lower, right-hand corner, subsequently pressing of the green button should enlarge the window, and another press should again minimize and replace it to its previous spot. However, it will only replace it to the right-hand corner leaving enough space below for the dock to be extended to the corner, which in my case is NEVER extended to the corner because I prefer my minimized iTunes window there. BTW, it exhibits the same behavior in the left-hand corner.

I get that some programer thought that the entire bottom line should be reserved for the dock, but that has always been available to the dock by placing other windows above the dock. It just seems to me that they took away some flexibility with this latest change. I was hoping that some one had a software fix.

Placement of other windows is not a problem, and this iTunes behavior only began after upgrading to Version 9.2. I did redo the finder preferences, but that didn't solve the problem.

Collapse -
ff
by dertos / August 30, 2010 8:46 PM PDT

good thread , thanks for information

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.