You need to switch back to itunes 6.0.5 if your a windows user. I find it very amusing how CNET is endorsing this obviously buggy version, and it makes me wonder now if those rumors of them being paid to endorse Apple is true.
1. Anyways, this is straight from the itunes forums. Go to My Documents / My Music / iTunes / Previous iTunes Libraries. Sort that folder by "last modified", and pick the most recent file. Copy and paste it to your desktop.
2. Uninstall itunes 7
3. Download itunes 6.0.5 from http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes605forwindows.html
4. While waiting for the download, go back to My Documents / My Music / iTunes / and look for a file called "iTunes Library.itl". Copy or remember the name, then delete the file.
5. Take the file you put on your desktop before, rename it to "iTunes Library.itl", and place it into My Documents / My Music / iTunes /
6. Install itunes 6.0.5 and enjoy the nonbuggy software.
I encourage CNET to tag this message to the top of the forums. Especially to prove me wrong that you don't secretly endorse Apple.
Just installed Itunes 7 on my XP..Now the audio is all distorted. I cant seem to fix it. All else works fine such as Win Media. I have tried every setting imaginable in Quick time Audio Preferences.
Anyone else having audio issues with ITunes 7 and XP?