The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

by jazzbass12 / September 15, 2006 7:07 AM PDT

Just installed Itunes 7 on my XP..Now the audio is all distorted. I cant seem to fix it. All else works fine such as Win Media. I have tried every setting imaginable in Quick time Audio Preferences.
Anyone else having audio issues with ITunes 7 and XP?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ITunes 7 and XP ARRRRRGGGGGG
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ITunes 7 and XP ARRRRRGGGGGG
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How to Switch Back to Itunes 6.0.5
by coldfusion1787 / September 16, 2006 4:46 AM PDT

You need to switch back to itunes 6.0.5 if your a windows user. I find it very amusing how CNET is endorsing this obviously buggy version, and it makes me wonder now if those rumors of them being paid to endorse Apple is true.

1. Anyways, this is straight from the itunes forums. Go to My Documents / My Music / iTunes / Previous iTunes Libraries. Sort that folder by "last modified", and pick the most recent file. Copy and paste it to your desktop.

2. Uninstall itunes 7

3. Download itunes 6.0.5 from

4. While waiting for the download, go back to My Documents / My Music / iTunes / and look for a file called "iTunes Library.itl". Copy or remember the name, then delete the file.

5. Take the file you put on your desktop before, rename it to "iTunes Library.itl", and place it into My Documents / My Music / iTunes /

6. Install itunes 6.0.5 and enjoy the nonbuggy software.

I encourage CNET to tag this message to the top of the forums. Especially to prove me wrong that you don't secretly endorse Apple.

Collapse -
I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing
by cardsbb9 / September 16, 2006 1:51 PM PDT

I noticed that when MS put out a buggy patch that we got the fully-loaded Molly-rant.... When Tom installed video software that behaved badly we were treated to the first Tom-rant I've heard (or remember hearing)...

But let Apple put out the buggiest update I've ever seen from any company..... and it breaks the ability of people to hear BOL also.... and we just get some minor comments almost 'in passing'.

They were more angry about not being invited to the Steve Jobs "reality distortion field" event than the (apparently) massive fallout from putting out buggy software.

OK, Apple software is not prone to being hacked or viruses.... but with bugs like these, a virus would just be redundant.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Nothing to see there! Move along!
by Dirty Pirate / September 16, 2006 4:14 PM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) THat was a reply to shantanubala .. sorry
by Dirty Pirate / September 16, 2006 4:15 PM PDT
Collapse -
I really don't understand
by Dirty Pirate / September 16, 2006 7:48 AM PDT

I have the WORST SYSTEM that you could ever ask for and it works for me no problems.

I have a Compaq Ev0 N600c. With only 386MB ram. Yah, it sucks and I am not sure if it is defectinve ram or the motherboard. If no one belives me about how crappy my system is here is a link:

I have had NO problems whats so ever. I would love to know what just what is causing the issue.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT)Was that a bittorrent shortcut Mr. Pirate? ;)
by shantanubala / September 16, 2006 1:25 PM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?