PC Applications forum

General discussion

iTunes 7.0.2 install issue for Windows

Hi.
I have been having a problem with istalling iTunes on my Windows machine. I have previously installed earlier versions (6 and 7) on the same machine and everything was fine. Now, when I try to install, it gets hung up on the "Registering Modules" action. I turned off all my antispyware programs I could think of (including spycatcher, which can cause this) and even switched my firewall from zonealarm to windows for the install. Still get stopped. I don't know how to fix this, and now I can't update my iPod. Very Annoying. Please help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iTunes 7.0.2 install issue for Windows
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iTunes 7.0.2 install issue for Windows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Did you try this?

In reply to: iTunes 7.0.2 install issue for Windows

Collapse -
Antispyware apps

In reply to: Did you try this?

I am running spycatcher, spyware blaster, windows defender, and spybot search and destroy. I deactivated all of them except for SD. And yes, that article is where I got the idea to shut off the security programs.
Thanks!

Collapse -
So you left one enabled?

In reply to: Antispyware apps

Collapse -
SD as is Spybot Search and Destroy

In reply to: So you left one enabled?

Ya, I left one enabled, primarily because I forgot it imunized, but I just turned everything off again and it still didn't work. I do consider myself quite carful about what I let run on my PC. I got all the programs for Download.com
Any idea why this still doesn't work?

Collapse -
Some don't have a true off setting.

In reply to: SD as is Spybot Search and Destroy

If this was on my machine I'd head to the event viewer and see if any clues were left. The last time I ran into this one a registry key had the wrong permission and another machine someone had run registry cleaners and cleaned off a key that Apple (wrongly) assumed would exist.

I'd need more clues but uninstalling said antispyware products would be my next step since I've found a few to keep working even when disabled.

Sorry that I can't give you a direct do this but the clues are sparse and I can't check the event viewer. Hint: Clear the event viewer (all 3 areas) and then try again. If it fails, then you'll have just what was logged since.

And read a few more from the google.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.