Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Its Official Now.....

by Rolway / April 10, 2007 4:43 AM PDT

Opening day at Fenway. The Baseball season has started. As Johnny Pesky said.. Playyyy ball..... Go Red Sox.

FOUR to nothing in the 1st. Good Start for the Sox, so far. Happy

George

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Its Official Now.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Its Official Now.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Speaking of Pesky...
by Josh K / April 10, 2007 4:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Its Official Now.....

....I heard he was not allowed in the dugout this season, and was not happy about it. Is there any new news on that?

And of course the season doesn't REALLY get going until the first Boston/New York series. Happy

It's just not as much fun when you can't shout "NINE-TEEN-EIGH-TEEN" anymore. Wink

Collapse -
JOSH.........
by Rolway / April 10, 2007 5:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Speaking of Pesky...

Be quiet.

And yes, there was an interview with Larry Luccino yesterday I believe, about Johnny Pesky. Apparently its an old ruling about so many in the dugout. Luccino is not happy about it all of a sudden now being enforced, but they can't make exceptions to it for fear others will want in, so I guess Pesky is out. I'll see if I can find some info on it.

George...7 to 1 now. Happy

Collapse -
Here ya go Josh.........
by Rolway / April 10, 2007 5:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Speaking of Pesky...
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/redsox/11447402/detail.html

BOSTON -- Red Sox great Johnny Pesky has been hit with another eviction notice by Major League Baseball.

According to the Boston Globe, baseball officials have decided to strictly enforce its rule governing who is allowed in a team's dugout during a game.

That means means Pesky, who's in his 55th season with the club, can no longer sit on the bench during games.

He'll still be allowed in uniform before games and on the field and in the clubhouse.

This has happened before, in 1997 and again in 2004. He returned to the dugout a year later, with MLB raising no objection, until this spring. End of Story

So far Larry Luccino is not going to buck it and MLB won't make any exceptions.

George
Collapse -
".... buy me some peanuts and Crackerjacks....."
by Angeline Booher / April 10, 2007 7:38 AM PDT
In reply to: Its Official Now.....

Years ago we used to go to some games in Kansas City. Saw Roger Maris and some other Hall of Famers play.

Haven't been to any pro games since then. Just wondering if they still sell Crackerjacks.:-)

We were, of course, Braves fans for years.

There is a farm club here, and the games are well attended. Plans are for a new stadium. It ran into some financial bumps with the developer, but hopefully it will pan out one day.

Enjoy the "Boys of Summer" season, George!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Take me out to the ballgame...
by Rolway / April 10, 2007 9:14 AM PDT

Thanks Angeline. I sure will enjoy the season, whether the Sox win or not, but its always better when they win. Happy 14 to 3 today. I love sports. I'm very lucky in the fact, my wife loves baseball too. If only I can get her interested into football, I would be on a roll.

I'll probably never get into Fenway Park again, but the thrill is there, just watching the game on TV. I can still taste those Hot Dogs. My son took 2 of his kids in there one week end and he said; Dad, $50.00 and they were still hungry.

George

Collapse -
Hot dogs
by Angeline Booher / April 10, 2007 11:25 PM PDT

Hot dogs taste best with a ball game in front of them. Happy

Back in our Little League concession stand days we had a hot dog steamer and bun warmer. We topped them with dried onions we soaked in water, and had relish, mustard, and pickles available.

Re-hydrated onions might sound icky, but they all tasted great while watching the games!

Our family enjoyed the sports of the season, even if most of it was watching them on TV. We all remember Bart Starr's quarterback sneal to beat Dallas in the cold of Green Bay, and Tom Matte quarterbacking the Colts, and winning. Can't forget Phil Niekro's knuckleball pitching, either.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
Now thats a Hot Dog...Yum, yum
by Rolway / April 11, 2007 6:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Hot dogs

It looks like the Fenway Franks are going to have some competion. Heard a rumor they are going to serve Sushi tonight at Fenway for the game.

Its our new million dollar wonder boy's debut on the hill tonight, Daisuke Matsuzaka (Dice-K) facing Ichiro Suzuki. I've heard it so much on TV now, even I can pronouce their names. Happy

Ichiro and Dice-K are not alone. Both have countryman teammates -- Seattle catcher Kenji Johjima and Boston reliever Hideki Okajima.

How do you say "Play Ball" in Japanese. Grin

George

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?