General discussion

It Takes More Than One

First of all, I have used Firefox and Thunderbird exclusively since Microsoft stopped providing security updates for IE run under anything but Winblow$ XP. Not a single infestation of any spyware, adware, malware or trojan.

In all fairness to Micro$haft, I also run Norton Internet Security Firewall and Antivirus.

For spyware, I also run:

Spybot Search & Destroy (Freeware)
SpywareBlaster (Freeware)
SpywareGuard (Freeware)
AdWare Away (FYJ Software)
CWS Shredder (Freeware)

Ever since I spent 12 hours (not an exaggeration) de-infesting my daughter's computer (Winblow$ XP, non-updated McAfee Antivirus) of multiple (and I do mean MULTIPLE) infestations of viruses, malware, adware, spyware and trojans, I have become more convinced that the answer lies in multiple layers of defense, not in any single product. Since I have zero confidence in anything that Micro$haft produces that "enhances" anything other than their bottom line, I feel they can keep their "free" program. I have enough of their crap to keep updated for security problems. I don't need any more.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: It Takes More Than One
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: It Takes More Than One
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info