HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

It seems the Obama campaign doesn't like tough..............

by Tony Holmes / October 25, 2008 9:22 PM PDT

tv interviews where their VP candidate gets "Gotcha" questions,it was fun watching Joe spin his answers.

WFTV in Fla was cut off by the Obama campaign and Jill Biden's interview cancelled as a result.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2008/10/obama-campaign.html

Please note,the video link in the above article is dead,the interview can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjX8wQPMADk&feature=related It's very entertaining.

He must have been expecting a softball interview from an "in the tank" station like CBS,CNBC ad infinitum.

I can imagine the furor that would have gone up had the McCain campaign cut off stations after the Palin interviews with Gibson and Couric.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: It seems the Obama campaign doesn't like tough..............
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: It seems the Obama campaign doesn't like tough..............
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
How DARE anyone ask those kinds of questions?
by EdHannigan / October 25, 2008 10:04 PM PDT

Especially of Joe Biden. The poor dear.

Collapse -
"The poor dear"
by Terry Browne / October 25, 2008 11:15 PM PDT

is going to be the VP for the next four years, chosen by the AMERICAN people! Change is on its way Ed. I am sorry, but you may get cheaper healthcare the next four years...

Collapse -
Don't get too over confident...
by EdHannigan / October 25, 2008 11:49 PM PDT
In reply to: "The poor dear"

It looks like Barack may not get those dead voters and cartoon characters he was counting on after all.

Collapse -
RE: had the McCain campaign cut off stations
by JP Bill / October 26, 2008 12:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
September 7, 2008
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 12:28 AM PDT

She's done interviews since then.

Collapse -
Nice try but you're selectively quoting me..................
by Tony Holmes / October 26, 2008 1:16 AM PDT

I said:"had the McCain campaign cut off stations after the Palin interviews with Gibson and Couric."

Your video link was 9/7 which was before both the Gibson and Couric interviews.

Collapse -
OK then
by JP Bill / October 26, 2008 1:48 AM PDT

Palin wouldn't do any till she got "Respect and Deference"

.Biden won't do any till he gets "Respect and Deference"

They're even.

The interviewer accused Obama of being a Marxist.

You're Joking right?

Biden said No, and answered her question.

IF the station believes that, what is the point in further discussion/interviews?

Calling Obama a Marxist is like calling Bush a Nazi.

Collapse -
She didn't do any ambush...
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 2:18 AM PDT
In reply to: OK then

or gotcha questions. Just asked some honest and relevant questions that were not the softballs Biden is used to. Boo hoo.

What is the "genius" afraid of?

Collapse -
RE: ambush...gotcha'
by JP Bill / October 26, 2008 2:27 AM PDT

I didn't use those words/ excuse, you did, and Palin, McCain did.

She asked questions, he answered the questions, finished the interview, told them he and his wife wouldn't do any more interviews with that station till after the election.

Collapse -
I used them...
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 2:40 AM PDT
In reply to: RE: ambush...gotcha'

because they accurately describe the Gibson interview and to an extent the Couric one.

The interview with Biden didn't have any gotchas. That's the difference. All I'm saying.

Collapse -
How exactly....
by Josh K / October 26, 2008 7:51 AM PDT
In reply to: I used them...

....is "what newspapers do you read" a gotcha question?

Collapse -
Didn't say it was.
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 7:59 AM PDT
In reply to: How exactly....

I don't think it tripped her up. You just don't like her answer, and you are parroting the loonie left sites. So, you are restricted to three or four sources (no surprise there). Not everyone is so narrow.

You need a new monomaniacal obsession. This is sooo petty and stupid.

Bet she's smarter than you.

Collapse -
Feeding your obsession....
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 8:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Didn't say it was.
Collapse -
What answer?
by Josh K / October 27, 2008 12:12 AM PDT
In reply to: Didn't say it was.

She couldn't name a single one.

Collapse -
She sure did...
by EdHannigan / October 27, 2008 12:21 AM PDT
In reply to: What answer?

Did you listen to it?

Collapse -
"All of 'em" was not an answer...
by Josh K / October 27, 2008 12:43 AM PDT
In reply to: She sure did...

...unless you really think she reads "all of 'em." She was asked for some specific names and did not provide a single one.

Collapse -
Untrue..
by EdHannigan / October 27, 2008 12:49 AM PDT

I gave you a link. She mentioned USA Today and the New York Times, and explained her answer to Couric.

You should drop this before it makes you look any more foolish than it does already.

Collapse -
True
by Josh K / October 27, 2008 1:26 AM PDT

She did not mention any newspapers by name during that interview. She issued the "clarification" sometime afterward, I think it was a few days or a couple of weeks. That gave someone some time to feed her a couple of names. And she only mentioned the NYT and USA Today? She doesn't read any of the Alaska papers at all?

Collapse -
I guess you didn't pay attention after all....
by EdHannigan / October 27, 2008 1:33 AM PDT

She explained why it's not relevant. No matter what she says it will be used for an attack against her.

What papers does Obama read? Not counting the editorial cartoons from which he gleans his speech material?

What did you think about her two major speeches lately? Oh, they weren't covered very well, were they?

Collapse -
Claiming later that "it's not relevant"....
by Josh K / October 27, 2008 1:35 AM PDT

....has nothing to do with whether she answered the question. She did not.

If you're interested in knowing what papers Obama reads, I'm sure you can find out.

Collapse -
(NT) ROFLMAO!
by Terry Browne / October 27, 2008 5:33 PM PDT
In reply to: What answer?
Collapse -
I didn't know that ...
by Angeline Booher / October 26, 2008 1:57 AM PDT

...... inserts could be added to YouTube videos. Do you know if that was done before or after it was published (I assume that is the word) there.) I don't know if YouTube has any rules. Just the first time I have seen any so "edited".

Regardless, nice spin.

Angeline, who has already voted
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
(NT) It was a pretty nifty editing trick, I will have to learn it
by grimgraphix / October 26, 2008 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: I didn't know that ...
Collapse -
Google "youtube remixer".............
by Tony Holmes / October 26, 2008 2:23 AM PDT
In reply to: I didn't know that ...

it's been around for a year or so and is Adobe technology,it will allow the insertion of "bubble captions" among other things.

It's available as a separate download to edit videos before posting or as an online tool at youtube to edit your videos already posted.

Collapse -
Thanks, Tony.
by Angeline Booher / October 26, 2008 2:49 AM PDT

That must be what I'd heard about what some "in" kids used against those , shall I say, not part of their circle. Sad

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
Sarah Palin "annoyed" by Katie Couric's questions
by Josh K / October 26, 2008 2:02 AM PDT
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/10/26/palin-annoyed-with-cbs-interviewer/

FORT WAYNE, Indiana (CNN) ? Campaigning Saturday in Fort Wayne, Indiana, a city once represented in Congress by another vice presidential candidate named Dan Quayle, Sarah Palin delivered one of her longest stump speeches to date and revealed that she was ?annoyed? with the line of questioning presented by Katie Couric in her now-infamous interview with CBS.

Palin reprised a story she last told a week ago in Noblesville, Indiana about her sit-down with Couric, which was widely panned.

?Last time I was here I got to tell a crowd that I had to give a national interview that didn?t go so well,? she said. ?And it was because I was kind of annoyed with the questions that I was being asked because I thought they were kind of irrelevant to, you know, national security issues and getting our economy back on track, so I kind of showed some of that annoyance.?

By "annoyance" she must mean stalling, dodging and generally showing an inability to answer them.

I guess nobody told her that there might be "annoying" questions when running for the second-highest office in the country.
Collapse -
Flying squirrel?
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 2:21 AM PDT

We were discussing BIDEN, I believe. Isn't he the VP candidate who is supposed to be so experienced and knowledgeable?

Ha!

Collapse -
You're correct
by Josh K / October 26, 2008 3:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Flying squirrel?

He is the only VP candidate who is experienced and knowledgeable. I guess that means he should not be as quick to complain about the questions as his opponent is. After all, "what newspapers do you read" tripped her up.

Collapse -
(NT) That's not fair, Josh... reading is real hard. ;-)
by grimgraphix / October 26, 2008 3:12 AM PDT
In reply to: You're correct
Collapse -
Yes...
by EdHannigan / October 26, 2008 3:48 AM PDT

You are living proof of that.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.