Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

It's too hot! We need more cooling NOW!

by Kiddpeat / December 9, 2008 1:50 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: It's too hot! We need more cooling NOW!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: It's too hot! We need more cooling NOW!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's called "The Gore Effect"
by critic411 / December 9, 2008 2:41 AM PST

Where Al Gore goes to speak about AGW, it gets cold.

God does have a sense of humor.

Collapse -
A member of our chuirch was in Siberia just 10 days ago...
by Paul C / December 9, 2008 8:51 AM PST

...working with a Russian ministry seeking to setup a crisis pregnancy center in the city of Tyumen.

Her hosts apologized for the cold weather - temps of minus 10 - 35 degrees Fahrenheit, or about 20 - 30 degrees colder than "normal."

An elderly lady told her that the last time she remembered cold like that was in the early 1940's - a time when, strangely enough, solar activity (sunspots, flares) was very low, just as it is now...

Collapse -
Periods of Quiet Sun are low output periods for the sun.
by Ziks511 / December 9, 2008 1:48 PM PST

We could always hope for a couple of decades of Quiet Son (i.e. absence of sun spots) to help with the temperature charts. It was frigid in the 20's and 30's I'm told, and also back in the mid 19th Century, and everybody remembers the stories of Valley Forge. I should look up the Sun Spot cycles but it's late and I'm too tired. Perhaps some generous person will do that. The solar system and the earth do have their own corrective patterns, it's just that people are afraid that too much may have changed in terms of CO2 absorption, Ozone Loss, Methane and Sulphur Dioxide emissions and the like.

It's not a sin to worry. I sort of feel that it is a sin to insist that everything's alright when there are indications the other way, but flapping your arms and running in circles never helped to cool the earth in the past. That's why I'm still on the fence (and damned uncomfortable it is too) listening to both sides.

Rob

Rob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!