Speakeasy forum

General discussion

It's time for our annual dementia test.

Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles. As we grow older, it's important to keep mentally alert.

There are only 5 questions.

The spaces between the question and answers below are there so you don't see the correct answers until you've made your answer.

1. What do you put in a toaster?

Answer: If you said, bread, go to Question 2.

2.Say "silk" five times. Now spell "silk." What do cows drink?

Answer: If you said "water", proceed to question 3.

3. f a red house is made from red bricks and a blue house is made from blue
bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks and a black house is made from
black bricks, what is a green house made from?

Answer: If you said "glass," go on to Question 4.

4. It's twenty years ago, and a plane is flying at 20,000 feet over Germany (If you will recall, Germany at the time was politically divided into West Germany and East Germany ) Anyway, during the flight, three engines fail. The pilot, realizing that the last remaining engine is also failing, decides on a crash landing procedure. Unfortunately the engine fails before he can do so and the plane fatally crashes smack in the middle of "no man's land" between East Germany and West Germany. Where would you bury the survivors? East Germany, West Germany, or "no man's land"?

Answer: If you said, "You don't bury survivors", proceed to the next
question.

5. Without using a calculator - You are driving a bus from London to Milford Haven in Wales In London, 17 people get on the bus; In Reading , six people get off the bus and nine people get on. In Swindon , two people get off and four get on. In Cardiff , 11 people get off and 16 people get on. In Swansea , three people get off and five people get on. In Carmathen, six people get off and three get on. You then arrive at Milford Haven. What was the name of the bus
driver?

Answer: Have you forgotten it was YOU driving the
BUS!!

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: It's time for our annual dementia test.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: It's time for our annual dementia test.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Well....aced it this time

In reply to: It's time for our annual dementia test.

The brain works fairly good but not much else that resides below it is cooperating. Happy

Collapse -
Myself, I just take those little colored

In reply to: Well....aced it this time

pills

for heartburn. Happy

Collapse -
Er, uh, (shrugs shoulders) - I don't know!

I'm going to go drool in a corner now. Devil

Collapse -
Toaster

In reply to: Er, uh, (shrugs shoulders) - I don't know!

Is it wrong if I said Pop-Tarts?

Collapse -
No, but

In reply to: Toaster

Fork would be a wrong answer

Collapse -
(NT) Good one. :-)

In reply to: No, but

Collapse -
Answers

1) Since a toaster may also have a tray, then you can put in: bread, pastries, fish, meats, casseroles, and other items. You didn't specify what kind of toaster.

2) Milk, water, beer, juice, anything that the cow can drink.

3) If I go by the precedent started and I say green brcks, it isn't wrong. If you are talking about botany and you are referring to a structure used to stimulate the growth of plants, then the item can be made from any type of material. It is designed to trap a select portion of the electromagnetic spectrum.
4) This riddle always ends the same.
5) The answer depends on the person reading the question.

Collapse -
(NT) Hey! Get a life! :-)

In reply to: Answers

Collapse -
How to answer "Get a life"

In reply to: Hey! Get a life! :-)

Life:
1) A process of electrochemical reactions within a set of hydrocarbons that have been formed into a self propelled organism.
2) A magazine.
3) A prison term of 25 years.
4) The socio-economic affiliations of a human individual and that individuals interaction with other humans.
5) the length of time between the organism being self propelling to the cessation of all of its necessary biological functions.

Now, if you say, "Get a life" again think of this.
I don't subscribe to thje magazine; but, you can mail it to me.

I am a functioning hydrocarbon based organism interacting with others of my kind and doing such while the electrochemical reactions continue within me.

Are you Jesus Christ and I am Lazarus?

Are you advertising cereal or maybe a game?

Collapse -
Or, as John Horton Conway would say,

In reply to: How to answer "Get a life"

"Life is a game."

Collapse -
Good one.

The last one is the from the old rhyme "As I was going to St. Ives". The punch line is, "Kits, cats, men, and wives. How many were going to St. Ives?"

Another one: Spell out several Scotch-Irish names beginning with Mac, then ask the [demented one] to say each one. Then spell "machinery" and see what he says.

I've always heard #4 in a much shorter version: Plane with all US passengers flies to Canada and crashes. Where etc.?

Collapse -
#4 during the flight, three engines fail

In reply to: Good one.

reminds me of the one.....

2 irishmen making their first international flight to the US

the plane hits stormy weather and lightning hits the port outer engine, the captain comes on and says "we have just lost one of our engines, but the plane is capable of flying with just 3, unfortunately, we will be ariving 30 minutes later than scheduled"

about 20 minutes later the starboard outer engine gets zapped too....

the captain comes on again and says "we have just lost another engine, but there is no need to worry, the plane is perfectly capable of flying with just 2 engines, but, unfortunately, we will be ariving 2 hours later than scheduled"

well, as luck would have it....30 minutes later the mother of all lightning storms zaps the plane, the 3rd engine gets hit and this time the plane starts to show distress, but the captain and his crew manage to get the situation under control...

he comes on and says "we have just lost our 3rd engine, but as this plane is the last word in technology and aerodynamic excellence, we can manage with just 1 engine, however we will be ariving approximately 6 hours later than scheduled"
Paddy turns to Mick and says "bejasus micky, if we lose the last $%^$&^ engine we'll be up here all ^%&^&*&^ night"

Happy

Collapse -
# 3 I was thinking

# 3 I was thinking

That a Green house was normal colored with solar panels and a rain collected water stile and a large garden full of vegies and fruits out beside it....

Its context, the question did not use any :/

Collapse -
how to test your brain thinking abilities

Tips and Tricks to check your thinking speed

Collapse -
(NT) This is 2016, not 2008. Your mind is slipping again.

In reply to: how to test your brain thinking abilities

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.