HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

It's one of those necessities, like paying taxes ...

by Bill Osler / September 18, 2004 12:18 PM PDT

Men don't have anything comparable. Some men complain about the prostate exams, but realistically women have to go through worse.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: It's one of those necessities, like paying taxes ...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: It's one of those necessities, like paying taxes ...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Oops ... This was supposed to be a reply ...
by Bill Osler / September 18, 2004 12:19 PM PDT

to (NT) Sigh. Guess I'd better go for my mammomash too. Sad
Oh well.

Collapse -
Re: Oops ... This was supposed to be a reply ...
by Dale Johnston / September 18, 2004 12:51 PM PDT

Actually, men are stupid, stubborn and ignorant in this department. Women accept and value the importance of the mommogram, men get this "el macho" attitude that only sissy boys get poorly snakes.

Well get real guys. My dad got prostate cancer, not a pleasant experience. So get a good feel and keep the snake in hissing good order.

Collapse -
Technology appears to be moving forward...
by Mosonnow / September 19, 2004 11:17 AM PDT

I saw a programme on Discovery Health channel this morning which addressed the problem of damaging nerves in the process of removing prostate cancer. It seems they can now take a nerve from the leg to repair the activity (shall we say) of the associated member. Apparently it takes a few months to settle in, but about 85% of former performance can be expected.

I don't know how widely this replacement-nerve technique is available, but clearly it would be worth asking about, and as you say, the sooner these things are detected, the better chance of successful repair.

Regards
Mo

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.