General discussion

It's my 18th birthday!

I just turned 18 today, on November 4. I want to stay young forever. I want a Sega Saturn. And most of all, I want be going out with a certain someone.

And here's a song I have stuck in my head as I think of that someone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuRjiNUDQ3s

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: It's my 18th birthday!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: It's my 18th birthday!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
oh my

Is interims on us again already?

- Collapse -
Good luck with that

If anyone knows the history of James Blunt they may listen to that track with a different understanding. An extract from Wikipedia;

"In 1999, he served as an armoured reconnaissance officer in the NATO deployment in Kosovo. Initially assigned to reconnaissance of the Macedonia-Yugoslavia border, Blunt and his unit worked ahead of the front lines directing forces and targeting Serb positions for the NATO bombing campaign. He led the first battalion of troops to enter Pristina, and was the first British officer to enter the Kosovo capital. His unit was given the assignment of securing the Pristina International Airport in advance of the 30,000-strong peacekeeping force; the Russian army had moved in and taken control of the airport before his unit's arrival. As the first officer on the scene, Blunt shared a part in the difficult task of addressing the potentially violent international incident.[11] There were less intense moments during Blunt's Kosovo assignment, however. Blunt had brought along his guitar, strapped to the outside of his tank. At some places, the peacekeepers would share a meal with hospitable locals, and Blunt would perform. It was while on duty there that he wrote the song "No Bravery".[12]"

His early songs often suggest reflections about his military service, and the first verse of this track appears to do the same with religious killings, etc.

It may work, depending on the person you are thinking off.

And about your, "I want to stay young forever"... Good luck with that too, Devil

I tried, and failed miserably.

Mark

- Collapse -
Little Feat: "and you know/ that you're over the hill/ when

your mind makes a promise/ that your body can't fill." Amen Lowell George, who didn't make it past 34 as I recall. (from The Old Folks Boogie, "but you know for us/the thought is as good as the thrill) Mr Townshend seems to be doing well for a young man who wrote "Hope I die before I get old". That's actually the lyric I cling to like a drowning man, the concept of age is all in the mind, which doesn't explain why I fall over so frequently, but I blame that on my medication.

Rob

- Collapse -
Happy Birthday....

many more to come!

- Collapse -
Congratulations. While I have a few more winters on me

my birthday is November 5th, Guy Fawkes Day, celebrated by the most extravagant display of fireworks known to man. I told them not to go to any trouble, but they said they did it every year so it was no trouble.

And thanks folks, but before the temptation to help becomes too much, I know very well who Guy Fawkes was
(try Wikipedia).

Me, at the time I or my antecedent, was stuck on the east coast of Scotland trying to figure out what the local savages there were banging on about. It's tough being an unwilling immigrant just because your ship sank. I mean, what's the big deal, we were only trying to take over the country (England) because the late Mary Tudor was his wife and Philip of Spain thought the young queen would be a pushover.

Let me tell you, I'm not going on any more excursions organized by the Catholic Church. And they don't even have Calvados here, though one can develop a taste for whisky, especially when you're depressed that the clouds only go 800 yards out to see and just stay there, looking back at you, and that only on sunny days. I must have had half a dozen by now, it's been 17 years or so.

Rob

- Collapse -
Good for you! "I want to stay young forever"...........

It's too late for myself and others but the late,great "Mickey Mantle" had a saying about that.Take it for what it's worth:

"If I knew my body was gonna last this long,I would have taken better care of it".

CNET Forums

Forum Info