Speakeasy forum

General discussion

It's important to know exactly how Kerry stands on Iraq

by SteveGargini / October 9, 2004 4:58 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: It's important to know exactly how Kerry stands on Iraq
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: It's important to know exactly how Kerry stands on Iraq
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: It's important to know exactly how Kerry stands on Iraq
by TONI H / October 9, 2004 5:18 AM PDT

maybe we need to send the link to Kerry via email or send it to his webmaster so all of his people and HE will know where he stands.......

TONI

Collapse -
I think you may have something there Toni
by SteveGargini / October 9, 2004 7:03 AM PDT

Kerry's memory hasn't been too good recently with all his flip-flops.
It almost appears that Kerry is not aware of what he has said about certain subjects.
Should someone be a commander-in-chief with such an intolerable memory?

Collapse -
I didn't originally attempt the main video download
by SteveGargini / October 9, 2004 7:09 AM PDT

It is 162 megs in quick time format, so unless you have broadband I suggest that only the cuts are viewed.

Collapse -
by C1ay / October 9, 2004 7:24 AM PDT

It looks like something everyone should watch, especially Kerry's supporters. I downloaded the screensaver edition so I can load it on some PCs over at Best Buy and Circuit City Devil

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I am rolling here! lol
by lylesg / October 9, 2004 9:37 AM PDT
Collapse -
That's an excellent idea Clay
by SteveGargini / October 9, 2004 10:23 AM PDT

Once the video has been downloaded, I guess it is easy to burn it onto a cd and load it all over the place, great.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Me too!
by James Denison / October 9, 2004 10:25 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'm not sure "stands" is exactly the right word.
by EdH / October 9, 2004 7:26 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) How about 'squirm' Ed :)
by SteveGargini / October 9, 2004 6:59 PM PDT
Collapse -
by Paul C / October 9, 2004 9:33 AM PDT

Steve,

I posted this yesterday regarding the way Sen, Kerry, IMO, uses certain formulations in his replies in the debates as a smokescreen over what he really means and believes and advocates.

It should be noted that again last night Sen. Kerry used the same formulation as he last Friday in his "global test" remark to "deny" that he would make America's right to defend itself subject to what Vice-President Cheney has derisively called "a permission slip from the UN".

IMO, this man is incredibly dangerous, as he invites further attacks by making it clear - once you decode what he's saying - that he'll happily allow the "world community" to possess a veto over our actioms against terror.

In 1950, then-Secretary of State Dean Achison made remarks that appeared to exclude South Korea from the list of nations that we would automatically defend; the North Koreans duly attacked. In 1990, then-U.S. Ambassador to Iraq April Glasbie made remarks that seemed to say that we'd look the other way in the event of an Iraqi invasion of Kuwait; Iraq duly attacked. What do you think the terror masters and their sponsors are thinking when they hear a candidate for the U.S. presidency make atatements that appear to preclude not just preemption but also legitimate self-defense until and unless we can get ALL the "allies" to sign off on it? IMO, the Islamofascists will attack - again and again and again until President Kerry realizes that protecting the American people is not something that needs the consent of other nations; in the meantime, how many thousands (tens of thousands? more?) need be slaughtered?

Collapse -
Sorry to double up on you Paul
by SteveGargini / October 9, 2004 10:38 AM PDT

This was sent to me by e-mail, and I missed your post.
I think you are absolutely right about Kerry placing americans in enormous danger. If you don't get the thumbs up from the U.N, which I believe would never come, the whole of the U.S will be sitting target to any tinpot ruler with his hired assassinators, and the
military would in effect have it's hands tied.
I don't think Kerry should even be considered as a democrat, an enemy of the state would be closer.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.