General discussion

It couldn't have happened at a better time

for Obama?

The question on Nightline survey...

Does a terrorist threat this close to election help serving Presidents poll ratings?

Depends on how he handles the situation or your genes.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: It couldn't have happened at a better time
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: It couldn't have happened at a better time
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Possibly of help to the President,

but not the Democratic Party I suspect.

Mark

- Collapse -
But our guys didn't find it...did they?

All we did was react. What remains to be known is the real extent of the threat and it's probability of success if no discovered. I suspect...and it's already been postulated...that this may have been more a decoy than a cause to DUCK!!

- Collapse -
Not heard that

but you may be right. Anything is possible.

I doubt it though. Apart from Saudi intelligence there are reports in UK newspapers that MI6 was also involved, and as we all know, intelligence agencies never get involved in political matters of other nations, Happy

Mark

- Collapse -
Perhaps just media spin
- Collapse -
current affairs

its not guns. its not politics. the american people are missing the point. most people are so wrapped up in the tricky misleading media, the techno-age is misleading most of us. we are slaves to misinformation from the media outlets. people are generally under informed. i can bring a more truthful perspective to these topics. stop fooling the people with ********. it is harmful to all of us.

- Collapse -
How on earth does this qualify as...

"political matters of other nations?"

I should HOPE the intelligence agencies are working on terrorist threats against the west. That's what we are paying them for.

Still a war you know.

- Collapse -
From what I've been hearing...

This was a "live" threat, not a test. Whoever uncovered it, kudos to them.

- Collapse -
(NT) I know that wars are good for incumbents.
- Collapse -
(NT) It worked for Moses, Joshua, others
- Collapse -
(NT) And FDR got a third term out of 'rumors of war'.
- Collapse -
wrong response

its not about the president of our country.its about the people in our country. he isnt a terrorist. he is an unstable person. we have 300 million residents. there will be abberations. please address the situation sensibly.

CNET Forums

Forum Info