Browsers, E-mail, & Web Apps forum

General discussion

Issues with Firefox

by Early4 / March 1, 2007 1:23 AM PST

I just upgraded Firefox today. Nine times it has frozen and stopped responding.

Any ideas what would cause that and how to correct it?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Issues with Firefox
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Issues with Firefox
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I've had some issues before
by Stratatak7 / March 1, 2007 6:53 AM PST
In reply to: Issues with Firefox

Can I ask your operating system and your system config?

I've had issues with Firefox working on old versions of Windows. Your crashes could also be caused by a lack of memory.

Collapse -
Firefox
by Early4 / March 2, 2007 2:12 AM PST

I have Windows XP and I'm not at my computer right now (at work) so I don't know the system config. Could post them later today.

I know I have plenty of memory...so I don't think that's the issue.

Collapse -
Reinstall?
by Stratatak7 / March 2, 2007 4:38 AM PST
In reply to: Firefox

Have you tried reinstalling?

Collapse -
firefox not responding
by angryboil / September 10, 2009 4:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Reinstall?

i have the same problem with firefox not responding far too frequently. ive uninstalled and re installed several times and even installed a previous version was running 3.5.3 now running 3.5.2 which is now worse.
i have 149 gb with 54gb free. i have a feeling it may be my ram i think i have 2gb and have used 1.95gb. if this is so what would you recommend my next step to be? thanks in advance from a frustrated learner

Collapse -
I would start looking at that RAM usage.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 10, 2009 5:36 AM PDT
In reply to: firefox not responding

If you have 2GB of RAM installed and 1.95GB is used, then that's a lot. The RAM is there to be used of course, but not that much continuously on any normal everyday system that we would use.

That usage needs to be investigated. If you are using Windows, (you didn't say), open up the Task Manager, (right click the Taskbar, select Task Manager), click the Processes tab, and look to see what processes are using up all the CPU usage time. CPU usage isn't exactly the same as RAM usage, but if any process is using a lot of the CPU's time, that could be an indication of problems.

If that Processes tab does not show a column for CPU, goto View > Select columns, and select CPU Usage. To help identify which processes are using most of the CPU time, click the CPU header column twice. See what is there and you can research that process.

Also, check what size the Page File is. Also called Virtual Memory, it is recommended that Windows should manage it, but sometimes that is changed and a manual size limit is set. If yours is like that, return it to System Managed. The advice in the link below will help;
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

Often excessive CPU usage can point to malware. What do you use as your firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware utilities?

One more thing. How often is this computer rebooted, (restarted or turned off, then back on)? Some users never reboot, and I often find they have RAM problems as the RAM never gets cleared.

Mark

Collapse -
re. I would start looking at that RAM usage.
by angryboil / September 10, 2009 6:12 AM PDT

hi mark thanks for your quick reply. im using windows xp. i have opened the task manager and processes. the largest use is firefox cpu 99 and mem usuage 118,192k. the next largest is wuauclt.exe which is using 63,924k. i must admit the list is like hiroglyphics to me. i use avast for my anti virus and have run ccleaner and i use spyware doctor and threatfire all of which say im free from any viruses.

Collapse -
firefox issues
by angryboil / September 10, 2009 7:00 AM PDT

could it be a yahoo active x plugin bridge? ive disabled that all seems good so far

Collapse -
The RAM usage is reasonable
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 10, 2009 7:40 PM PDT
In reply to: firefox issues

My own Firefox is using 120,000 Kb at the moment, so that RAM usage is not bad.

But the CPU at 99% is. That shows a problem, and like you say, it could be an Add-on, or it could be a particular web site you are currently viewing in the browser. It may be that Firefox has become corrupted in some way, but we will leave that possibility until later.

I see you have removed a plugin. It won't be an ActiveX plugin as only Internet Explorer, (or the browsers with different names but based on IE), use ActiveX because that is Microsoft's own type of plugin. Firefox and other 3rd party browsers do not use ActiveX. But if disabling that plugin solves the problem, then that is good news, and an easy fix. The only 'not so good' news is if that plugin is required to enable you to play that bridge game.

You could try uninstalling that plugin, restarting Firefox, then revisiting the site where you play that bridge and let it install the plugin again. May be it has been updated, or perhaps installing again will solve the CPU usage symptom.

If you still have high CPU usage problems, try this test;

Goto Start > Run, type in either;
* firefox -safe-mode
* "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
whichever works.

That will open Firefox with all add-ons and plugins disabled. See if CPU usage remains high like that.

Mark

Collapse -
firefox
by mopscare42 / September 11, 2009 1:41 AM PDT

I have had a problem with Firefox for sometime now. I have 3.5.2 which I thought was the problem. After reading this thread I removed and re-installed it two different times and even loaded a previous version. and still have the problem.
It is slow, hangs up and I get a lot of "Server can't be found" errors.
I also have IE8 on the computer and that works great.
I like Firefox better, but am about ready to remove it and leave it off my computer as it is starting to be just too much of a hassle.
My computer is running Windows Vista 64 bit. Has a i7 920 CPU, 6 gig of tri-channel ram, 506 gig unused disk space so I don't think I have a hardware problem.

Collapse -
i would first of all
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 11, 2009 2:44 AM PDT
In reply to: firefox

consider your Firefox add-ons, and run Firefox in it's Safe Mode configuration as I showed above.

If that runs well, then that points to add-ons and/or plugins.

Mark

Collapse -
The RAM usage is reasonable
by angryboil / September 11, 2009 2:06 AM PDT

since disabling the "yahoo active x bridge addon" in firefox tools it seems to be working alot better. however, it hasnt totally solved it. but the "not responding" is definatly less frequent. also now in the task manager process list the firefox cpu is 00-01 and running at 144k. the cpu usage below the list is also nice and low flicking around 12% i have just hotmail and this page open. the comp is also running much quieter. i am thinking the yahoo active x plugin bridge was the culprit. will keep posted how my pc runs in the near future. thanks for your help and time mark its been very much appreciated. this site is proving to be a bible to absolute beginners like me. keep up the good work and keep it free lol

Collapse -
Glad we could help
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 11, 2009 2:43 AM PDT

and let us know how things go.

I don't think we addressed your first question about the total RAM usage specifically, but may be sorting out the CPU usage is the key with yours.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
firefox eating cpu
by angryboil / September 17, 2009 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Glad we could help

hi just to inform you my cpu usage at 100% seemed to be because of shockwave flash plugins. disabled shockwave flash and comp is running like a dream

Collapse -
Ahh, in that case
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / September 17, 2009 9:25 PM PDT
In reply to: firefox eating cpu

I would uninstall Adobe's Shockwave, and reinstall it. That should solve the problem.

Adobe has advice about this;
How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player

And Install Adobe Flash Player.

If you are using Firefox's latest browser, v 3.53, it should alert you if the Adobe Flash plugin is out of date.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!