Samsung forum

General discussion

issue with HP-R4252

by syehco / February 6, 2010 11:27 AM PST

I have a 42" Samsung HP-R4252. I've had it for about 4 1/2 years... Within the first six months I started getting pink/red pixels on the screen. Gradually it started spreading (more and more). While under warranty, the Samsung tech came out and said he needed to tune it. He said they never tuned it correctly at the factory (Mexico)... For the last four years I've had no other issues.
Yesterday, as soon as I turned on the TV, 80% of the screen had pink/red/white pixels all over it. Only a horizontal area (approx 4" wide) in the middle of the scree does not have this issue. I think it's the one of the circuit boards on the TV doing this (four years ago when the tech opened it I saw 4-5 circuit boards. Any thoughts how to proceed? Where to get the board(s)? How much it costs? Which circuit board it may be? And do I need to tune it? If so, how? Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: issue with HP-R4252
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: issue with HP-R4252
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
issue with HP-R4252
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2010 2:57 PM PST
In reply to: issue with HP-R4252

syehco,

It may likely be one of the boards, but without the ability to diagnose it, I can't say for sure if that's the case, and if so, which one it would be.

You can get parts by logging into samsungparts.com or by calling direct at 800-627-4368, and they would be able to assist with part orders (although they also would likely be unable to diagnose your unit based on the symptom).

--HDTech

Collapse -
issue with HP-R4252
by syehco / February 7, 2010 1:11 PM PST

Thank you for your reply.
Today I turned on the TV just to see if anything had changed. After about 5 minutes, the display went out completely (though there was sound). Then the display started flashing off & on. I turned it off.
Six hours later, I turned on the the TV. The off & on flashing continued, it almost looked like I was in the middle of war zone. A lot of red pixels and white in small areas of the display.
Any thoughts?

Collapse -
issue with HP-R4252
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 7, 2010 1:48 PM PST

syehco,

I wish I did, but without looking at it, I just don't know. I'd have to get "under the hood" to determine what the issue is.

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!