Alert

Issue with CCleaner ver. 5.45.6611

FYI - I had a slight issue with the recent update posted. I don't want "monitoring" as other s/w does this for me. Past updates acknowledge that and continue to update leaving options as they were. This time tough it continue to [X] be checked and do monitoring. I uncheck it but yet be active. I further edited the "startup" file and disable it there as well as options. Now all is alright. Its what I wanted and now works properly.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Issue with CCleaner ver. 5.45.6611
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Issue with CCleaner ver. 5.45.6611
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Update...gosh darn

Well, it came back. After resetting the options as I posted before. It just came back, in monitoring mode. Now, I have deleted it entirely. Why, did it do that? After all this time it wants to play games. I'm sure if this is posted to them, another update maybe in the making, as they seem to come often enough. Thanks -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
(NT) Hi Willy !
- Collapse -
Same problem here
- Collapse -
Re-install

I tried a re-install and used the custom feature as well. In other words I really paid attention, still the problem persists. Further, even if i disable the monitoring the monitoring icon is still present in the service tray. SO YES, I have de-installed the newest version. I ASSUME an updated fix will arrive and then I await to post my ire if now corrected. Thanks for the link.

------ Willy Happy

- Collapse -
Farewell to an old friend.

Since CCleaner was taken over by Avast, it is little wonder there are strange issues with this once very trusted and world dominating cleaning tool.
What puzzles me even more is, why does this Editors' Review  by Download.com staff / October 18, 2012 appear in the "Top Downloads" section of cnet!

Broke my heart to un-install CCleaner after fifteen years of great service and support from Piriform, but I refuse to run any products that are no longer owned by them. Sad  

Took a little getting used to, but BleachBit 2.0 is the way forward for me now.

- Collapse -
Deactivate Monitoring CCleaner

CNET Forums