Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Israel/Hezbollah: Here we (probably) go again:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1215331011969&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Hizbullah is bolstering its presence in south Lebanon villages with non-Shi'ite majorities by buying land and using it to build military positions and store missiles and launchers, The Jerusalem Post has learned.

The decision to build infrastructure in non-Shi'ite villages - where Hizbullah has less support - is part of the group's post-war strategy under which it has mostly abandoned the "nature reserves," forested areas in southern Lebanon where it kept most of its Katyusha rocket launchers before the Second Lebanon War.

Behind the change is the mandate given to UNIFIL by the United Nations after the war in 2006. According to the mandate, the peacekeeping force can patrol freely throughout southern Lebanon but cannot enter villages or cities without being accompanied by soldiers from the Lebanese Armed Forces, which regularly tips off Hizbullah ahead of the raids.

And people continue to insist that we should negotiate with these thugs?

Keep your head down, Jonah...
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Israel/Hezbollah: Here we (probably) go again:
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Israel/Hezbollah: Here we (probably) go again:
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
unfortunately Paul, we already 'negotiated' with them

In reply to: Israel/Hezbollah: Here we (probably) go again:

israel/hizbolla prisoner exchange

i think the thing that annoyed most of all was that shimon peres had the gall to assure "the people" that in the "battle for the moral high ground", Israel won

jonah "head down, but not in the sand" jones

Collapse -
Peace in our time?

In reply to: unfortunately Paul, we already 'negotiated' with them

Why doesn't Mr. Peres ask the 60 million or so who died after Neville Chamberlain dropped that stupid line on Europe in October 1938 how that worked out? Sad

I don't know if I asked this before, but how close are you to your nasty neighbors to the north (and yes, I know that you live in one real small country)?

Collapse -
close enough

In reply to: Peace in our time?

that 2 years ago rockets landed East, West and South of where i live

i guess in a straight line, about 15 miles to the Lebanese border

to give you an idea of the "small country" effect, i live just South of Rosh Pina

Collapse -
Puts a human face on it; thanks.

In reply to: close enough

Keep your head down. Sad

Collapse -
i should point out

In reply to: Puts a human face on it; thanks.

that the map i linked to is pre-1967 (only noticed it at work today), but, if Syria decides to enter into any peace talks it will be with a demand that Israel returns to 1967 borders

Collapse -
As to "battle for the moral high ground",

In reply to: unfortunately Paul, we already 'negotiated' with them

my Britannica newsletter has this:

More Events On This Day
"1946: A violent Jewish right-wing underground movement in Palestine, the Irgun Zvai Leumi, blew up a wing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing 91 [British] soldiers and civilians."

The Stern Gang (!) was another active group back then. Some members of both became instant "statesmen" in 1948.

Something better is needed.

Collapse -
I agree: Something better IS needed.

In reply to: As to "battle for the moral high ground",

However, I refuse to live in the past. The present is that a group of Islamofascist thugs dedicated to the destruction of Israel are massed in southern Lebanon in larger numbers and with more arms than it had in 2006.

The future is for more attacks by Hezbollah, more death and destruction in Israel - until and unless it can be made to leave the dogs of war in their cages. Since that's highly unlikely to happen in a peaceful manner, this time Israel will face a true Hobson's choice. Option one is to resolve to fight another half war against Hezbollah, bowing to the words on an "international community" which if the truth be known, cares nothing about Israel or Jews. Option two is to fight a real war against the terrorists, devastating all of southern Lebanon in the process and angering those whose influence in the world is not matched by their evenhandedness or responsible statesmanship.

For my part, I'd rather see Israel take option two, as it will get only the opprobrium of the closet Jew haters regardless of what choice it makes.

You may not be interested in War, but War is interested in you. - Leon Trotsky

Collapse -
Another "something better":

In reply to: I agree: Something better IS needed.

Ps 46:9 He is making wars to cease to the extremity of the earth.
(No 'peace talks' or 'ceasefires'.)

After that,
Ps 145:16 You are opening your hand
And satisfying the desire of every living thing.
(Causes of wars removed.)

More info here:
http://www.watchtower.org/e/rq/article_05.htm
What Is God's Purpose for the Earth?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.