Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Israel attacking Lebanon-

No link, just heard it on the radio. Israel is attacking Lebanon from air.

In another attack against Gaza, Israeli military murdered several Palestinian children.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Israel attacking Lebanon-
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Israel attacking Lebanon-
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Murder? Attacking?

In reply to: Israel attacking Lebanon-

Collapse -
Murder? Attacking?

In reply to: Murder? Attacking?

May be the point of view of an anti semite.

Collapse -
Anti Semite...

Is that to be against Jews or against Israel's policies?

Collapse -
I don't know, would that really make a diffrence

In reply to: Anti Semite...

for anti semites? Seems most likely they would claim they were against the policies, but that would be covering their real feelings

Collapse -
I don't think Terry is antisemitic...

In reply to: I don't know, would that really make a diffrence

But it seems clear to me that he favors Hezbollah, Hamas and their ilk over Israel. Which would be okay, but...

They are anti-Jewish, rabidly so.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I never said he was

In reply to: I don't think Terry is antisemitic...

Collapse -
Watch out Syria/Lebanon

In reply to: I don't think Terry is antisemitic...

A very high ranking military officer said that if the soldiers were not returned in good condition, Israel would turn Lebanon back 20 years by striking its vital infrastructure.

After Israel withdrew from southern Lebanon, and the UN ratified that indeed Israel had withdrawn from all Lebanon, cross border attacks by Hizballah has continued. Another example of UN's hypocrisy for not calling on Lebanon and Hizballah to stop attacking Israel or else.....
Then the west and EU comes out and accuses Israel of 'Disproportionate' response?
Collapse -
In all fairness....

....I think it's possible to be on the opposing side of the Israel/Arab conflict without necessarily being anti-Semitic. After all, the people on "our" side of it aren't prejudiced against all Arabs/Muslims.

I don't think that opposing Israel's actions automatically makes someone a bigot.

And yes, Mark, I still support Israel in this.

Collapse -
In all fairness ...

In reply to: In all fairness....

... when you ignore the obvious about Terry ...

Collapse -
Finish the sentence please

In reply to: In all fairness ...

My previous posts to Terry, and my past posts to Charlie about Israel should make my feelings clear.

I have seen other posts from other members in the past that were overtly anti-Semitic, and I've reported them when I've read them. Some of those people are gone, others aren't.

Collapse -
Yes your feelings are clear on that issue ...

In reply to: Finish the sentence please

... which makes you strange bedfellows when you ally with this person on other topics. Those posts may no longer be standing because they are deleted, but we all know they existed.

Collapse -
You and I ally on things like the Yankees...

In reply to: Yes your feelings are clear on that issue ...

....so I guess anyone here can find some commonality with anyone else on something.

Maybe it's just been too long; my specific memories of the contents of Charlie's posts are kinda vague now. Of course I remember where his sentiments were/are but the details are fuzzy.

Collapse -
Josh, in all objectivity, is it fair for the lead post in..

In reply to: In all fairness....

...this thread to use words like ''attack'' and ''murdering children'' when no news report I've seen describing the incident uses those words? I personally would like to see a link to a credible news source describing this action by Israel with those words in it. In my opinion,so far, this is shear unadulterated bating and flaming of Israel. What say you?

Collapse -
Matter of fact YES

but you are excluded as you have no need to know.

Collapse -
you

In reply to: Matter of fact YES

only recognize tap dancing when others are doing it?

Collapse -
hi fred

In reply to: you

astair that is

Collapse -
If anyone would

In reply to: hi fred

recognize tap dancing it would be Fred Astair,

And Edward is tap dancing.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) LOL! Appears to be so, huh?

In reply to: you

Collapse -
Isn't that strange?

In reply to: Matter of fact YES

More than one person loves The Beatles and is against Israel's policy against the Palestinians? That combination is very rare, don't you think?

"WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE!" It's pretty obvious that you do since my name is below my posts or do you think you just discovered some "hot news"?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) terrorists prompted = Pre-emptive strike?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Do please explain what you mean

In reply to: (NT) terrorists prompted = Pre-emptive strike?

Collapse -
Please explain

In reply to: (NT) Do please explain what you mean

You say, or Israel says

Hezbollah terrorists prompted the latest COUNTER-attack by Israel.

FACTS

Israelis have been massing tanks for days

Hezbollah have been waiting for days to be attacked.

NOW

They both start shooting Which side shot first I don't know.

AND

Each side blames the other for starting.

Perhaps

Hezbollah made a pre-emptive stike before Israel make a pre-emptive strike?

Collapse -
OK

In reply to: Please explain

We see whose side you are on here. Thanks for being straightforward for a change.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) was there ever any doubt?

In reply to: OK

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Please tell me which "side" I'm on

In reply to: OK

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) So you retract. OK

In reply to: (NT) Please tell me which "side" I'm on

Collapse -
So, you don't know which side I'm on,

In reply to: (NT) So you retract. OK

IF I'm on any side.

I didn't see the word "Retract" in my previous post.

Did You?

COCOTTFN

Collapse -
Don't care

In reply to: So, you don't know which side I'm on,

TTFN OAO SYLA

Collapse -
Israel calls Hizbollah capture of soldiers act of war

MARJAYOUN, Lebanon (Reuters) - Hizbollah guerrillas captured two Israeli soldiers and killed up to seven Israelis in violence on either side of the Lebanese border on Wednesday, further inflaming Middle East tensions.

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert described the Hizbollah attacks as an "act of war" by Lebanon and promised a "very painful and far-reaching" response.

Two Lebanese civilians were killed and five people wounded in retaliatory Israeli air strikes after Hizbollah announced it had captured the Israelis.

Israeli ground forces crossed into Lebanon to search for the captured soldiers, Israeli Army Radio said. Hizbollah and the Lebanese authorities said there was no large-scale incursion.

Israeli troops have not struck deep into Lebanon since they withdrew from a southern border strip in 2000 after waging an 18-year war of attrition with Hizbollah's Shi'ite fighters.

Israel is already engaged in an expanding military offensive in the Gaza Strip launched after Palestinian militants captured a soldier in a cross-border raid on June 25.

"Fulfilling its pledge to liberate the (Arab) prisoners and detainees, the Islamic Resistance ... captured two Israeli soldiers at the border with occupied Palestine," the Syrian- and Iranian-backed Hizbollah said in a statement.

"The two captives were transferred to a safe place," it said, without stating what condition the soldiers were in.

A senior Lebanese political source said Hizbollah was willing to discuss exchanging prisoners held in Israel with the two Israeli soldiers captured on Wednesday. A Hizbollah spokesman refused to comment

and terry when an anti semite as you forgets to story you just prove my views of you and others what you are.you forgot this tidbit.

but hopefully the the head shiet will relize what hes bringing on to his people.if not isreal will remove the problem

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060712/2006-07-12T111907Z_01_L11538533_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-MIDEAST-DC.html

Collapse -
And if this is not a

troll, I don't know what qualifies as one.
Selective reporting, inflammatory language, baiting? Conveniently ignoring the FACTS!
All of the above?
terry (with a small 't'), what is your purpose?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.