Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Isn't it "funny"?

Yesterday an earthquake stroke Pakistan, 7,6 on the Richter! Any posts about the thousands of people that may have died? Nope! When a hurricane hit NO we freaked out and started to collect charities and other things. And that is right to do! But in this case there isn't even a post about it or the least concern about the people.

And recently hurricane Stan stroke Guatemala and Mexico and over 300 people died! Anyone collected clothes and money for the victims? Any Dr. Phil shows on it? Where I work out there is still a large bin to put clothes and other things to help the people who suffered from Katrina and I think it is OK! But I don't see anything about Stan or the earthquake in Pakistan.

Are American lives more important than those in Pakistan and Guatemala?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Isn't it "funny"?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Isn't it "funny"?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
so why didnt you post about it?

In reply to: Isn't it "funny"?

are that you just want to bash the usa again?

and in my eyes yes

Collapse -
"so why didnt you post about it?"

In reply to: so why didnt you post about it?

I just did in case you didn't notice it.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) good happy now?

In reply to: "so why didnt you post about it?"

Collapse -
Not at all

In reply to: (NT) good happy now?

I am very sad for the thousands of people that have died! Are you?

Collapse -
so are you going to go

In reply to: Not at all

over there and help or just sit in your warm subsidized home and help?
ill answer that for you your not going to do squat, but bash the usa green with envy.
and in my eyes since we allways do more than our share when other countries need yes were better.
can you say that about trollsville?

Collapse -
We must be on the same brainwave length ...

In reply to: so are you going to go

... this morning, huh Mark? Grin

Evie Happy

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) yup

In reply to: We must be on the same brainwave length ...

Collapse -
Are YOU doing anything about it?

Bashing Americans isn't going to help them.

Collapse -
So what took YOU so long...

since you appear to have taken note of the earthquake yesterday?

Bait limited this early in the day?

Yes, it is sad and a nuisance but better them than us as we already have enough problems without reaching out for more. Their plight is rather low in the scheme of immediate and pressing concerns for AMERICANS.

I just know that you however have already donated huge amounts of money and blood to the Red Cross and have gone door to door among your neighbors and placed calls to your friend and that is why it took so long for you to bring it to our attention in such a ''Blame America First, last, and always'' manner.

My opinion of the answer you need -
http://people.delphiforums.com/EJOD/Graphics/****2_165.jpg

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) OMG...spit pizza on monitor LOL

In reply to: So what took YOU so long...

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) roflmao lol said it better than all

Collapse -
You're the man Ed!

"I just know that you however have already donated huge amounts of money and blood to the Red Cross and have gone door to door among your neighbors and placed calls to your friend and that is why it took so long for you to bring it to our attention"

You got it!

Collapse -
It's 8am on a Saturday ...

... earlier than that on the other coast. Why not just POST the info rather than trolling America bashing?

Collapse -
How dare you?

In reply to: It's 8am on a Saturday ...

Troll when we talk human lives? Shame on you!

Collapse -
want to see shame look in your heart

In reply to: How dare you?

your snipe about usa lives disgraced your post dont act the do gooder you started a flame and you get your troll reward

Collapse -
Yes it was more than your usual pathetic troll

Why didn't you post a link to the news story?

You only wanted to bash Americans.

Collapse -
At least she didn't say ...

In reply to: Yes it was more than your usual pathetic troll

that George Bush caused the quake.

Yet.

Collapse -
Interesting! Your response...

is eerily similar to that of the under bridge dweller to Billy Goat Gruff.

Coincidence? I think not.

Collapse -
That's because Americans...

are scum! Greedy Capitalistic PIGS! Right, Tibbs? Tell it sister.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i think she did allready:)

In reply to: That's because Americans...

Collapse -
heres a linl since tibbs was so upset

Collapse -
My take would be that there are folks already

taking action somewhere. All you and I know is what is fed to us by the media. Personally, that food is too often improperly prepared, poorly seasoned, or missing essential nutrition. It's also way to easy to spend more time criticizing other's actions/inactions than silently implementing our own plans. Do what you think needs to be done yourself and stop looking around for idlers. My two cents.

Collapse -
theoretically, you're right

it was "yesterday"... although 10:30 - 11:00pm isn't exactly the time when people are glued to the news channels or a radio.....

but that doesn't bother you does it.....

you got a chance to troll away at everybody...

Collapse -
No, it is not. That's enough, Tibbs.

As it is Saturday morning, some folks sleep in.

Some are busy with weekend chores.

Some are taking their kids to sports practice.

Some are facing personal, family, or local problems.

Some are out doing community or volunteer work.

Many of us here are going through a grief process.

But you spent your morning looking for a way to snipe at and insult the USA. Worse, still, you used 2 tragic events as the basis for it.

How about sitting down and sending a check to the Red Cross, noting it be used for those 2 events? That does more good because it is used for what they need most.

If you are old enough, remember the earthquake in Mexico City, and then accuse the USA of not responding. Then there is the tsunami, and then accuse the USA of not responding. Chernobyl is another. And not long ago, the Russian sub (the British did arrive first).

We, on the other hand, are grateful to those foreign countries who send aid when tragedy strikes us. They do not think we value our lives more than others.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
You'll recall the massive response to the Tsunami,

Tibbs -- that refutes your basic thesis, I think I suspect that realistically there wasn't much concern about Stan because it was only a category one, and most folks simply didn't hear about the Guatamalan tragedy -- it didn't get much press coverage. As for the Pakistan earthquake, we've already discussed the "dead zone" effect of events happening late Friday (or early Saturday) in terms of getting press attention, and hence public notice. In that vein, btw, at nominee (Finnegan?) for DOJ#2 who had ties to Abramoff withdrew his nomination late yesterday...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
That's why.

In reply to: You'll recall the massive response to the Tsunami,

"most folks simply didn't hear about the Guatamalan tragedy -- it didn't get much press coverage."

That is precisely why I said what I said. It had nothing to do with the forum per se, but the media coverage! However a lot of people have been trying to turn this into some kind of trolling thing for some reason. Is it possible to tell them to quit that crap?

Collapse -
How much media coverage

In reply to: That's why.

did you allude to in your post when you refered to "posts" not being made? >>>Any posts about the thousands of people that may have died? Nope! When a hurricane hit NO we freaked out and started to collect charities and other things. And that is right to do! But in this case there isn't even a post about it or the least concern about the people.>>>>

I don't see a WORD in your post about "how come there was no media coverage".....you ONLY asked how come nobody HERE posted anything about those events.

I also ask...how much media coverage was given to these events by newspapers/television OUTSIDE of the USA?

Get real with your CYA explanations.....too little, too late.

TONI

Collapse -
Yeah, right.

In reply to: That's why.

That's NOT precisely why you said what you said!

You said that (at least you learned of it in the media so the word apparently got out) your complaint was that no one in the forums mentioned it, or donned earthquake gear and ran to Pakistan. The forums are not the Media. Now, you're trying to convince DK that you meant something entirely different than what you plainly said?

Sometimes when you find yourself in a hole, you should stop digging.

--Cindi
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email the mods

Collapse -
OK. I made a mistake!

In reply to: Yeah, right.

In my first post I made a mistake, ok? Now let's move on to the topic. As a moderator that would be an easy task, wouldn't it?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) You'd think so.

In reply to: OK. I made a mistake!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.