HolidayBuyer's Guide

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Isaac Mizrahi and the Golden Globes.

by grimgraphix / January 21, 2006 11:52 AM PST

I didn't watch the Golden Globes let alone the pre game show (red carpet coverage) but there has been a lot of press about Isaac Mizrahi and his conduct in interviewing celebs. I personally think the guy was over the line and rude in his conduct.

What confuses me though is how his conduct can be viewed as different from the appalling conduct of some paparazzi? Should he get away with his behavior since he is a minor celebrity himself? Being a gay fashion designer who is used to fitting clothes on models does not justify groping female celebs in public let alone in front of the camera. What I really can't get is that his boss seems to be pleased by the nights coverage. Is this Howard Stern meets the red carpet reporting really wanted by the average viewer?

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060121/113790564000.html

grim

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Isaac Mizrahi and the Golden Globes.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Isaac Mizrahi and the Golden Globes.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I seriously doubt
by dirtyrich / January 22, 2006 2:16 AM PST

a straight man would have gotten away with the same antics, whether he was a fashion designer or not. Another regrettable double standard... Isaac gets to fondle Scarlet Johannson's chest while I do not... sigh.

Collapse -
Suck it up.
by EdH / January 22, 2006 2:20 AM PST
In reply to: I seriously doubt

No one said life was fair.

Collapse -
I think whether you're gay or straight
by Cindi Haynes / January 22, 2006 4:12 AM PST

You have a responsibility to be a respectful and decent person. Just because he's gay doesn't excuse loutish behavior.

If I were Miss Johansson, I would sue for assault. And if I were Ms. Hatcher or Ms. Longoria, I'd be consulting with my attorneys to see what they might come up with.

Totally disgusting. I'll not watch again.

--Cindi

Collapse -
I didn't watch ...
by Evie / January 22, 2006 5:48 AM PST

... but after reading the reviews of the show (one commentator described it as ''one long awkward moment'') and Mizrahi's behavior, I doubt I'll start watching in '07 or anytime soon!

Nail on head Cindi! There's something called personal space and simple respect for another individual. Gay, straight, man or woman, nobody has the right to invade that.

He forgot he was in front of the camera? Puh-leeze! The man has been out in public before. If he can't distinguish between behind stage at one of his fashion shows and a public event, he should stick to the former (if that!).

Evie Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.