Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Is your HTC device underpreforming?

by ozyman4269 / January 21, 2008 6:31 PM PST

Key Site: http://www.HTCClassAction.org

Models affected:
* HTC TyTN II (MSM7200), also known as:
o HTC Kaiser
o T-Mobile MDA Vario III
o AT&T Tilt
o Vodafone v1615
* HTC Touch Dual (MSM7200), also known as:
o HTC Nike
* HTC Touch Cruise (MSM7200), also known as:
o HTC Polaris
* HTC Wings (MSM7200), also known as:
o HTC S730
* HTC Titan (MSM7500), also known as:
o Sprint Mogul PPC-6800
o Verizon XV6800
* HTC Vogue (MSM7500), also known as:
o HTC Touch P3050 (this is not the normal HTC Touch)
o Sprint Touch
o Verizon Touch XV6900
* HTC Libra (MSM7500), also known as:
o HTC S720
* HTC Iris (MSM7500), also known as:
o HTC S640

Video driver Problem video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJWAu6IRe4

--From asia.cnet.com News letter --
Is your HTC device underperforming?
Expectations. A word that transcends time and humanity. Once in a while, it comes back to bite you in the ***. When was the last time you spent your paycheck on a device that didn't perform up to expectations? Well, a few people certainly did with their HTC devices.

Here's what HTCClassAction.org wrote on its Web site. "HTC has neglected to include the necessary drivers needed for the devices to come to their full potential." Handhelds affected include the TyTN II, Touch Dual, Touch Cruise and S730, etc., based on the MSM7200 and MSM7500 Qualcomm chipsets. The problem, however, isn't with the chips, but the missing drivers.

While we are still waiting for an official response from HTC, here's what may have happened. Our comments are in brackets. The engineers and technicians forgot to include the drivers. (That's ridiculous.) Or the company thinks consumers wouldn't notice. (It's a treacherous Internet world out there. You never know when someone will hit you with a lawsuit.)

Either way, we hope HTC will come out to explain the situation soon. Are you one of those affected? Is your HTC device underperforming? Let us know in our Talkback.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is your HTC device underpreforming?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is your HTC device underpreforming?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) plz lock or delete this thread...
by robstak / January 22, 2008 9:45 AM PST
Collapse -
Why... BUZZ worthy and brought to you by Cnet-Asia...
by ozyman4269 / January 22, 2008 11:06 PM PST

I'm not trying to cast disparaging remarks on HTC. I bought, at full price/no plan discount-rebate(in Asia) the HTC TyTN II and I really like my device and think it's a quality product.

How ever I would like the most muscle that my device can muster for what I paid for it.

Furthermore I believe this is a BUZZ worthy story and it was brought to my attention BY CNET-ASIA!

What is your conflict with this story/thread?

Collapse -
Lock, close, delete or move to Dialed in forum
by nutjob / January 23, 2008 1:40 AM PST

This should be in dialed in or not listed at all. This does not belong here.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I'm OK with move to Dialed in
by ozyman4269 / January 23, 2008 1:44 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) geeze testy in the forums today
by ozyman4269 / January 23, 2008 1:45 AM PST

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!