Computer Help forum

Question

Is this worth the money?

by VespaStar / November 19, 2013 10:18 AM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is this worth the money?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is this worth the money?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It appears to do nothing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2013 10:34 AM PST

No OS and I can't find a guide on getting Windows installed, what drivers and more.

Microsoft hasn't made this easy so for most, it's not a good deal.
bob

Collapse -
Answer
Tower
by pgc3 / November 19, 2013 11:52 PM PST

You'd be better off starting from scratch and building your own. I agree with Bob Proffitt, I fail to see the charm of this unit.

Collapse -
Answer
Another ding!
by Bob__B / November 20, 2013 12:45 AM PST

No optical unit.
How did you plan on loading an OS?

Has one stick of ram.
That defeats the dual channel feature.

So......OS.....optical unit......ram.
Your looking at adding 200 bucks.

Collapse -
some reason at last.
by mtwiscool / November 20, 2013 10:54 PM PST
In reply to: Another ding!

os will need to be added but you can use an spare usb stick for that(so no cd drive needed)

and

dual channel ram is not the end all be all of the build well in my pc is use 4x dual channel ram 8GB each.

this appears good for its price but some of the parts look to be cheaper on amazon. and some of the parts on amazon do go on sale for less then wholesale price(my grandad runs a computer shop and emailed me wholesale prices).

a computer is what you want it to be.

Collapse -
Answer
Go back...
by Willy / November 20, 2013 11:31 PM PST

Revisit Newegg and check the "bare bones or white box" configuration. Basically a PC case with mtrbd, cpu and ram(maybe PSU) which is suppose to work together, they provide the matching components.

The other posters already provided the response you need for the build you supplied, makes sense the replies that is.

tada -----Willy Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.