Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Is this way of hunting a sport??

by Angeline Booher / March 4, 2005 6:10 AM PST
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - A lawmaker says the use of the Internet to remotely "hunt" for animals needs to be banned before it gets a start in the state.

People who sign up, using a credit card, get a high quality feed from video cameras showing the cross-hairs of where a remote controlled rifle is pointing, Jackson said. The hunters then pan a field at a game farm, looking for the penned prey.

http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=3021100

"Penned" prey?

Angeline

click here to email semods4@yahoo.com
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is this way of hunting a sport??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is this way of hunting a sport??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
it makes me sick
by Mark5019 / March 4, 2005 6:34 AM PST

now if the animal could shoot back seems to me.

but allso the otherside of this you could say if a persons handicapped and cant go hunting this way is only way.

but is it any worse then the big game ranches that fence in animals for hunting?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) This in NO SPORT
by kmarchal / March 4, 2005 6:48 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Not in my opinion
by Jerry562 / March 4, 2005 7:52 AM PST
Collapse -
I don't buy this or any hunting as "sport"
by EdH / March 4, 2005 8:02 AM PST

But I would not try to outlaw it either. If people really want to do this (I don't know why) they will find a way, and no amount of legislation can stop it.

Collapse -
I wouldn't call it a sport...
by Edward ODaniel / March 4, 2005 8:37 AM PST

and I don't particularly like or approve of the idea, BUT I also would wonder why this would upset those among us who eat beef, pork, mutton, chicken, turkey, rabbit, or other common domestic meat animals.

The animals are bred and raised as a commercial "crop" and like the above mentioned "crop" animals are already covered by animal cruelty laws.

Our likes or approvals are not necessarily any more valid than those of the game farm operators and their clients.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No. The animals have no sporting chance.
by C1ay / March 4, 2005 8:57 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No hunter I have ever known would participate.
by John Robie / March 4, 2005 9:20 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I hope they nip this in the bud.
by lylesg / March 4, 2005 10:02 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Finally,something we can ALL agree on!! Thanks Angeline
by Ziks511 / March 4, 2005 8:55 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Cool !!
by duckman / March 4, 2005 9:46 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) No.
by Dan McC / March 5, 2005 10:31 AM PST
Collapse -
Used to go hunting with my Dad, he did the hunting, I was
by Ziks511 / March 5, 2005 2:04 PM PST

the retreiver (no cracks please, we couldn't have a dog, I had asthma as I have so interminably informed you). Always hated picking up the birds because they were so beautiful, and warm, and lifeless but I did it. He was a good shot, my Dad, a friend gave him his English shotgun after Dad stood up in an aluminum boat with it and dropped 2 ducks, one with each barrel. He did however refrain from shooting deer, his epiphany moment came when I was a babe in arms and he drew a bead on one with a scoped .22 rifle I still have. My mother left the room and went upstairs because she couldn't bear to be around, but came back down after 15 minutes had passed to find my Dad still watching the deer through the scope. "Couldn't do it", was all he said. We lived well out in the country then on an old farm that had lots of woods on it.

Rob Boyter

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!