Windows 7 forum

General discussion

Is this the best year to buy Windows 7 laptops?

should I wait for next year to buy laptops or should I buy it the time it comes out???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is this the best year to buy Windows 7 laptops?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is this the best year to buy Windows 7 laptops?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What do you need?

In reply to: Is this the best year to buy Windows 7 laptops?

If you don't need it, don't buy it. Windows 7 in my view is ready today. Yes there are 2 programs that don't work here but compared to what happened with Vista that's no biggy.

Back to your purchase decision. If you can wait then you wait.
Bob

Collapse -
win7

In reply to: Is this the best year to buy Windows 7 laptops?

If you are always waiting for the next thing to come out before you buy, you will be waiting forever. Computers that were out a year or two ago run great with Windows 7, chances are the ones out today will too Wink

Collapse -
Can't load W7 to my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384 laptop

In reply to: win7

Bought Windows update for my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384 laptop.
Still love my nearly 2-year-old laptop, but it will not accept the upgrade to W7.

I really want to be able to run the new OS and not Vista. Any ideas?

Collapse -
Can't load W7 to my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384 laptop

In reply to: Can't load W7 to my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384 laptop

we have same problem to i have tried to install windows7 using disc.. appears to have a single dash and after a few moment windows xp logo with a loading image. i think we need help

Collapse -
To get good help, make a new post.

In reply to: Can't load W7 to my Toshiba Satellite A105-S4384 laptop

This 2009 discussion is now closed due to it's age.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.