Question

is this site malicious?

I'm spacing out the url so nobody accidentally clicks it
is www. brainetics . com a malicious site?

when I went there and tried to click off the page by using the back button on my browser, a box popped up saying
"You qualify for aspecial offer. Click cancel on the next screen to view your offer"
There was no way to close out this box
When I clicked on the red x, another box opened with two option button "ok: and "Cancel" and a message saying
"Are you sure you want to navaigate away from this page?"
either button I click takes me to the order page

so is this malicious or just a cheap ploy to get you to the order page?
I checked this site on site advisor, safeweb, and MYWOT and none show this site as malicious.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: is this site malicious?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: is this site malicious?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
mistyped URL?

I see these come up when mistyping a familiar URL, a la youtub or whatnot instead of youtube. get out of it any way you can, even if you have to control/alt/delete the browser itself. my beloved son pursued one of these once and we ended up with "premium voice mail" for $9.95 a month that took months to get removed from the phone bill.

- Collapse -
Answer
Get out . . .

If you find yourself in one of those unending loops, reboot the machine.

CNET Forums