Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Is this really a "bulldozer"?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is this really a "bulldozer"?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is this really a "bulldozer"?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Your lack of compassion does not

In reply to: Is this really a "bulldozer"?

..... go unnoticed.

Israeli police called the event terrorism.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
?????

In reply to: Your lack of compassion does not

What are you talking about?

Collapse -
Who cares what sort of earthmover it was?

In reply to: ?????

It became a murder weapon, fer cryin' out loud. I'm sure that's what Angeline means.

Collapse -
Honestly,

In reply to: Who cares what sort of earthmover it was?

I don't have a clue to what someone else meant and I really don't care.

I may be in a very small minority, but I think information in a news story are important.

Collapse -
OK, then...

In reply to: Honestly,

...what strikes you as important about that particular news story? If there was no picture, would what's important shift? If so,Why?

Collapse -
You don't think

In reply to: OK, then...

accuracy is important in news?

Collapse -
no

In reply to: You don't think

considering how lately all the bad spellings, run on sentences, wrong word used (such as effect for affect), disagreement of noun and verb, and numerous other grammatical errors, I'm not overly concerned someone might have said "bulldozer" when they maybe could have said "front loader". Instead I try to look beyond such mundane matters to the actual news, rather than the odd mistakes or misnomers that seems to cause so much distress to you. Now, just for you I've deliberately put a grammatical or spelling error in my reply so you can focus on finding that and quit worrying about that bull dozing front loader you ran across.

Collapse -
Accuracy hasn't been their goal in a long time

That should be well known. Don't expect it. If you want some idea of the truth. Find at least a half dozen reportings of the same event and pick out the parts that are consistent. The truth in this story is that someone took a large vehicle...doesn't matter what it was....and mowed down a bunch of people with it. Would you stand there with a friend and witness a murder across the street and discuss with him whether the gun was a Glock or S&W?

Collapse -
No, they don't and that is why ...

so many of the uninformed public think that AR 15's and Civilian AK 47s and SKS are "assault weapons" and "machine guns", - because of complete inaccuracy in the media and a public that thinks the media is accurate.

Based on comments within this thread it shows how much some right here depend on the media definitions as they are unaware that a bulldozer is slow and not very "nimble" and easily avoided while a front end loader is much faster and highly maneuverable and less easily dodged.

They are happy with whatever the media tells them to think and thus unable to see for themselves why incorrect information alters a "story".

Collapse -
Say what?

In reply to: No, they don't and that is why ...

People can move out of the the way of a bulldozer?

But you're trying to get people to see a bulldozer "jump".

Collapse -
the AK 47/AR 15 not an assault weapon?

In reply to: No, they don't and that is why ...

i reckon that any weapon that can fire 600-800 rounds a minute qualifies for 'assault weapon' status

Collapse -
Key word is "civilian".

In reply to: the AK 47/AR 15 not an assault weapon?

You reckon wrong.

Collapse -
you still haven't answered the question.

In reply to: OK, then...

Asking another question isn't answering mine.

Collapse -
What don't you get??

In reply to: you still haven't answered the question.

It's a news story that has incorrect information in it.

I think having the correct information is better.

Collapse -
I think...

In reply to: What don't you get??

...if you deliberately miss the point of the news report you don't really care much one way or the other, or lack the necessary aptitude to determine the point of the story, being easily distracted by mundane musings over things of no consequence.

Collapse -
RE: being easily distracted

In reply to: I think...

being easily distracted by mundane musings over things of no consequence.

It fills the day in?

Time well wasted.

Collapse -
Yes, but...

In reply to: RE: being easily distracted

...let's not do it on top of dead bodies. That's just not kosher.

Collapse -
I'm not sure it was "terrorism" per se.

In reply to: Your lack of compassion does not

I'd suspect a "road rage" mentality caused it instead. Does he have any links to a terrorist organization, or is just assumed because he's Palestinian? Isreali police have a habit of calling any cross ethnic violence "terrorism".

Collapse -
Well, let's see now......

In reply to: I'm not sure it was "terrorism" per se.

According to the news sources, already 3 Palestinian groups have claimed responsibility, however, Israeli police believes the attacker acted alone.
Are we showing some kind of bias here when you claim:

Isreali police have a habit of calling any cross ethnic violence "terrorism".

To me it looks like you have a habit of jumping into conclusions and guilt by association.

Collapse -
happy birthday

In reply to: Well, let's see now......

I guess you were born today? Are you really that naive? Was it only 3 that claimed that? Oh, does that mean maybe 2 of them are lying? Or could all 3 of them be lying? Don't you realize anything that happens over there some disaffected group or terror organization will try and claim it for their own infamy? Not to get off the subject, but have you seen this bridge I have for sale?

Collapse -
RE: but have you seen this bridge I have for sale?

In reply to: happy birthday

YOU bought a bridge?

Collapse -
yes

In reply to: RE: but have you seen this bridge I have for sale?

It's in my mouth. My dentist was well paid for it too.

Collapse -
In an effort to avoid confusion...

In reply to: Is this really a "bulldozer"?

... you might want to link to an article or a photograph about "bulldozers"... rather than link to a series of Yahoo search results about a terrorist attack.

These little games of of "who me ? What did I do ?" are tiresome. If you want to discuss a terrorist attack, then quit being so cryptic. If you want to be a childish annoyance, then continue in the manner you have so successfully adopted so far.

(smile and wink)

grim

Collapse -
Very typical of most of you

In reply to: In an effort to avoid confusion...

Is it a bulldozer or not????
It's that freakin' simple.

Some people appear to have extremely limited viewpoint based on their own personal bias and prejudices.

Get over yourselves

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar

Collapse -
The irony of "critic411" saying a "cigar...

In reply to: Very typical of most of you

... is just a cigar" has left me in a paroxysm of spastic amusement.

Collapse -
???

In reply to: The irony of "critic411" saying a "cigar...

Then it would be a good time to change the diaper

Collapse -
Though it's hard to tell from this thread

In reply to: In an effort to avoid confusion...

....... I believe that the majority of our members have sympathy for the families and friends of those innocent people who died and were injured.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator

Collapse -
I find it hard to believe the original post was...

In reply to: Though it's hard to tell from this thread

... an unfortunate blunder. If it was then the poster shows a serious inability to temper their judgement with any empathy.

I remember a post several years ago, where some here celebrated the deaths of several Palestinian children caught in the cross fire of no mans land. Sad as this is, it did not surprise me. However, making light of an attack on a common ally just to stir some amusement up is reaching a new low.

Collapse -
As usual,

In reply to: I find it hard to believe the original post was...

you have no idea of what you are talking about.
But since talk is cheap, it doesn't cost you anything.

Collapse -
(NT) ROTFLAYI

In reply to: As usual,

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!