Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Is this possible

by f15e / December 31, 2004 4:32 AM PST

I was wondering if it were possible to change the boot-up screen? It's not the Windows XP logo screen, it is a logo screen prior to the Windows XP logo. Let's see if I can explain what it looks like without rebooting.

It's more or less a MB screen. It has "V Class" with the P4 logo and options at the bottom of the screen for entering the BIOS "DEL" or "TAB" to enter another area.

Is it possible to change this? This screen shows will the computer is doing all of its checks prior to loading windows.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is this possible
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is this possible
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 31, 2004 4:44 AM PST
In reply to: Is this possible

Some machines allow one to do that. It hasn't been received all that well so I suspect the feature will vanish again.

Some owners don't want to see such checks.

Bob

Collapse -
Something like this
by f15e / December 31, 2004 4:47 AM PST
In reply to: Yes.

I guess what I'm saying is if I could replace that screen with some other one? Like maybe some jpeg pic I have.

Collapse -
Absolutely.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 31, 2004 4:53 AM PST
In reply to: Something like this

Replace the motherboard with one that offers such a feature. It runs a few hundred bucks but some will opt for this.

Reference? "Display Logo

Collapse -
Hmmm....
by f15e / December 31, 2004 5:08 AM PST

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I just wanted a little visual spice to my computer instead of the dull logo screen I have.

Thanks anyway.

Collapse -
Changing boot up logo?
by mannyman / December 31, 2004 7:12 AM PST

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!